Nojel Eastern commits to Michigan

1 Like

Probably a bad sign for Isaiah Livers

I don’t see much correlation there. We have 2 open spots.

18 Likes

Wait wait wait wait…what?

6 Likes

Definitely a surprise, but not an unwelcome one. He can help us this year, and/or next so I am all for it. He will probably never be a good shooter, but he can help us in a lot of ways.

3 Likes

I’m so confused. Yeah he’s a rotation-level player but I have no idea where he fits in. Horrendous shooter. Didn’t improve at all when given a larger opportunity at Purdue.

I guess security if Mike Smith isn’t a quality starter? But man, I would have preferred Zeb or any SG transfer that can make an open three or even a free throw get those minutes.

1 Like

We don’t know yet if he will be eligible this year. But even if he is, there will be plenty of guard/wing minutes to go around. He is at worst, a quality depth player at positions of need.

3 Likes

LOLWUT WHOA (complete sentence)

1 Like

Wow.

2 Likes

I don’t like that. More bad shooting.

5 Likes

Is he a grad transfer?

What just happened…

1 Like

This feels out of nowhere, but, honestly, if he’s able to get a waiver or a grad transfer it kind of fits for next year? Still need a shooter, but I think the biggest concern outside of that is ball-handling and Eastern can help with that.

EDIT: That said, him sitting out works too for the reasons most have already pointed out (senior on a young team, losing Eli as a plus-defender, etc.)

1 Like

Whoa. Did not see that one coming. The day after Painter went on his rant. He probably won’t be thrilled with Juwan haha. Guess it’s time for another Pod, Dylan

14 Likes

He is not a great shooter, but we need guard depth (this year and next) and he is a great defender. If he can come in and be a poor man’s Charles Matthews I am more than fine with that.

4 Likes

We have shooters so I don’t think we need more of that necessarily. I think I’d prefer Nojel sit out this year and then be a super senior with our young guys.

Crazy how out of nowhere this came.

2 Likes

Exactly how many minutes is he expecting to get? I doubt less than he was getting at Purdue, and more than he should.

2 Likes

Is Eastern a sit out? I struggle to see where he’d get a waiver. I assume he’d be used as a PG as well?

The 2018-19 season with Simpson, Matthews and Teske is over. Eastern will probably be the only poor shooter on the roster playing double digit minutes.

5 Likes

I think the NCAA will be even more generous with waivers this year than they have already been. But if not, he is still a nice veteran addition for next year.