NCAA 2021: Michigan vs. UCLA Open Thread

Very much doubt it. Many people plan around start times, so would be very unusual to see the start time moved up with little to no notice

2 Likes

Well, when two games are being played in sequence on the same court, the second tip is approximate: itā€™s actually something like ā€œ35 minutes after the conclusion of the first game.ā€

But since theyā€™re using different courts here, I donā€™t think that applies.

1 Like

Full disclaimer: tomorrow at work is gonna suuuuuuuck.

If they win, I donā€™t care. Electrolytes and aspirin at the ready.

8 Likes

No, they are on different courts.

@CoryR Whatā€™s the over/under tonight. Iā€™ll match you

Just spun the lazy susan and plucked a pill from each bottle. Thatā€™s called game prep in this house.

3 Likes

Calmly walks into the threadā€¦
Sticks a finger in the air to test wind direction ā€¦
Draws a deep breathā€¦
winthegame

24 Likes

NOW, weā€™re ready! Go Blue!

1 Like

My Grandfather was a Gonzaga law grad, so Iā€™m hoping for mixed emotions come next Saturday. Empty the tank boys!!!

I stand by my pick earlier of Eli Brooks having a big game tonight.

3 Likes

Starting lineups are posted.

UM: Smith-Brooks-Wagner-Johns-Dickinson

UCLA: Campbell, Juzang, Bernard, Jaquez, Riley

Refs: Bo Boroski, Verne Harris, Lee Cassell

3 Likes

keep the fundamentals tight - we are a better basketball team - excute - win - lets go boys

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinking itā€™s a big boy night. Hunter, Custard and Johns dominating.

1 Like

I agree with Charles. They really should take the referee to the hospital.

9 Likes

Nothing like a good Bo Boroski appearance in the Elite Eight!

2 Likes
5 Likes

Alright well. Good luck to the boys. Hope you all have a great time in the thread. As usual, Iā€™ll be too wrapped up in the game to be in here. Go Blue!

1 Like

The difference between Gonzaga and Michigan on Kenpom is equal to the difference between Michigan and Florida State.

My first thought was he had an aneurysm or something. He was laying motionless with his eyes wide-open and didnā€™t appear to be breathing much. And unlike when a player goes down, they never showed a single replay of what really happened. Not a time to show pride and avoid more assessment, imho.

In the, this seems like an omen, but Iā€™m not sure of what, category, we have well-known Big Ten ref Boroski, and then two guys who have, between them, only one Michigan game in the KenPom era.

It was the 2016 game at Pauley Pavillion. :man_shrugging:

1 Like