NBA Draft Projections & Mock Drafts 2019

Agreed. I just hope that Poole and his family are able to make this decision with a clear head and not let emotions dictate next steps. Wish him the best and want him to succeed and ultimately that has be the driving factor - “what is best for my future?”

1 Like

I just can’t see how it’d make any logical sense for someone with NBA aspirations right now to be willing to change programs and sit a season. If it were that toxic with Michigan and he had no NBA chance he’d be better off in the G-League or overseas at least getting paid and not waiting another two years. What would be his his upside to stay associated with the program through the draft process if transferring were an option? If that were the case he should be simultaneously looking for another school to play for while waiting for his draft evaluation. The whole thing just seems incredibly far fetched to me.

2 Likes

This hypothetical conversation is really pointless. Poole is gone. His NBA feedback said he’d get drafted so he’s as good as gone.

5 Likes

Did they already get feedback? I thought that was happening in early to mid may

Charles Matthews was gone last year too though, right?

Yeah they did. You have to submit for it before you can hire an agent and declare

I guess you can hope that JP breaks his hand

1 Like

Good luck to JP, he has earned the right to evaluate his options. In my opinion his absolute floor is a 2 way contract at $385k. He knows where he stands compared to players like DWalt and Duncan. That’s a good start to any career with the option to practice his craft. His upside is much higher than most given the need for wing shooters in the league.

1 Like

Definitely not hoping that. Hoping he rises from the 50-undrafted projections that I’ve seen from the majority of draft predictions so far though

Is there a link to the results of the feedback? I read the one that said the feedback is in, but didn’t see what the feedback actually was in that story.

Feedback from the UAC is not shared publicly.

2 Likes

Yeah, you just need to find talk of it in insider bits. There was a post on 24/7 vaguely talking about the results about a week ago.

If your hypothetical is true and his first choice is the NBA then IMO I can’t see any benefit to not at least feigning absolute confidence that he will enter the draft, be drafted, and that he has no plan b because there will be plentiful transfer options there for him regardless of how the process treats him.

My personal opinion is that Poole will receive attention and get drafted. In other words, I think Poole has a lot of reason to be confident inwardly and outwardly.

1 Like

My guess is that it may be a red flag to some NBA front offices if Poole were openly looking to transfer. I’m not saying things aren’t happening behind the scenes–I have no idea–but announcing visits to other campuses right now might not be the best look to the NBA.

1 Like

As Dylan says, the feedback from the UAC is not shared publicly. According to JB the guys have received their feedback from that process, but unless Reegs is a friend of the Poole family and has heard it either from JP himself or Mr. Poole, then I’m assuming he’s operating on hearsay. He either heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend, which would be hearsay, or he heard it from Coach B and the staff, which he didn’t, or he has an “in” with JP or his family.

So, I don’t think we know that “his NBA feedback said he’d get drafted…” MAYBE the feedback said he’d get drafted, but we don’t KNOW that.

Respectfully, if I’m wrong about this, I’m sure Reegs will tell us his “source.”

His source is insiders on 247. They indicated Poole received the most favorable initial feedback among the 3 from the UAC. Whether that changes after workouts/combine is another story.

The favorable feedback wasn’t even that favorable. Late second round was most common.

1 Like

Michigan Insiders, Sam Webb, or just some “insiders?”

thanks, ok

Wow, I’m still not seeing this. I was just over on Michigan Insider and didn’t see anything there about feedback for our three players who put in for feedback from the UAC.

By the way, if the majority of feedback is late second round the chances of NOT being drafted are quite high.