Miles Bridges to Visit Campus Today

Bridges seems very similar to Justice Winslow. I don’t think you design an offense around him, but sure, you want him to create. There’s no reason our four - the same role as our three on the opposite side of the court - can’t be a creator. GR3 had the ball in his hands plenty, he just wasn’t able to do much off the dribble.

I agree with mpbear14, Bridges Is every bit as good, if not better, than Jaylen Brown IMO.

I definitely think that Bridges can be the man with Winston running the show. Winston is going to be a pass first PG if he has the weapons to do so and Bridges certainly will be a weapon. This will be treading a bit of new ground at running through the 4 a bit more but we have done something similar when McGary was primetime in the tournament (the analogy is loose and only for purposes of showing that running a JB offense through a player does not require that player to have the ball in his hands at the start of every set). Winston may not be able to the go to player but much like Walton was as a freshman, let him pick his spots and just facilitate the rest of the talent on the team.

I am getting way to excited at the slim to none prospect of having Bridges and Winston…

After hearing about Jabari Parker’s praise for Bridges, I checked out some of Parker’s old HS highlights. I see a lot of similarities there – a more apt comparison than Brown, Johnson, or Winslow I think (even if Parker is an inch or two taller). Makes me think Bridges will be a Parker-like beast during his one-and-done year, rather than merely a promising role player like, for example, Stanley Johnson.

I definitely think that Bridges can be the man with Winston running the show. Winston is going to be a pass first PG if he has the weapons to do so and Bridges certainly will be a weapon. This will be treading a bit of new ground at running through the 4 a bit more but we have done something similar when McGary was primetime in the tournament (the analogy is loose and only for purposes of showing that running a JB offense through a player does not require that player to have the ball in his hands at the start of every set). Winston may not be able to the go to player but much like Walton was as a freshman, let him pick his spots and just facilitate the rest of the talent on the team.

I am getting way to excited at the slim to none prospect of having Bridges and Winston…

We are on the same page. It’s the last 15 seconds of the shot clock, I want Bridges with the ball in his hands with the entire court to work with. That, or he’s the one setting the pick for Walton.

Simply put, if you land a talent like Bridges, you find as many different ways to get him the ball as possible. In JB’s traditional offense, the 4 is kind of an after thought for lack of a better term.

We are on the same page. It’s the last 15 seconds of the shot clock, I want Bridges with the ball in his hands with the entire court to work with. That, or he’s the one setting the pick for Walton.

Simply put, if you land a talent like Bridges, you find as many different ways to get him the ball as possible. In JB’s traditional offense, the 4 is kind of an after thought for lack of a better term.

GR3 had a usage rate of 22.3 his sophomore year. He had plenty of opportunity to do stuff with the ball. He was just not quite capable of taking guys off the dribble. If Bridges wants opportunities with the ball in his hands and chances to create, he can do so at any position 1-4.

Simply put, if you land a talent like Bridges, you find as many different ways to get him the ball as possible. In JB's traditional offense, the 4 is kind of an after thought for lack of a better term.

Beilein is one of the best “beat you with his, and beat you with yours” coaches in basketball. Look at how his offense has already changed over the years to fit his personnel. If Bridges “deserves” the ball in his hands, meaning that’s the most efficient play, then he’d have the ball in his hands.

Simply put, if you land a talent like Bridges, you find as many different ways to get him the ball as possible. In JB's traditional offense, the 4 is kind of an after thought for lack of a better term.

Beilein is one of the best “beat you with his, and beat you with yours” coaches in basketball. Look at how his offense has already changed over the years to fit his personnel. If Bridges “deserves” the ball in his hands, meaning that’s the most efficient play, then he’d have the ball in his hands.

Definitely agree with this. Last sentence sums it up best.