Michigan to face Toledo on Tuesday night in NIT opener

O/U 2000 Michigan fans in the arena vs Toledo?

1 Like

So a poor (middle class?) manā€™s Iowa?

1 Like

I get that. Iā€™m just trying to describe how it feels to win the NIT. You donā€™t feel nothing when you win it. Not as good as making the NCAAs but there is a bit of pride and momentum you can take into the offseason. But anything less than that makes me feel meh.

Actually it sort of feels like winning one of those preseason tournaments. You celebrate and hold up a trophy and feel decent about it but you move on. If you donā€™t win it you just move on

7 Likes

I think thatā€™s highly dependent on the context of your program. Beating Wisconsin in an empty Vegas gym after snapping a long NCAAT/S16 streak doesnā€™t sound super validating

1 Like

So first 2 games are at home? And third one would be at home if itā€™s not clemson?

That is my understanding.

1 Like

I will head down if they end up playing Vandy.

1 Like

Iowa with a cocaine problem?

5 Likes

Iā€™ll take the over as long as they do what they used to do and open the lower bowl up for non-season ticket holders.

2 Likes

How about kissing your sister?

2 Likes

Itā€™s too bad Nebraska didnā€™t crack the field. Would have been fun to watch them.

9 Likes

Iā€™ll go to Vegas if we make it there

4 Likes

2004 me loved it all, undeterred by the jokes

7 Likes

Probably like winning a play in game for the ncaa tournament. Kinda like 2016 where they showed some potential but never put it together consistently.

1 Like

Plot twist!

1 Like

So just one home game unless Yale beats Vandy.

1 Like

Yep ā€“ thatā€™s correct.

1 Like

From the U-M press release:

2 Likes

Technically could play also play home game in the 3rd round if Clemson loses

5 Likes

Do we think this was some sort of scheduling decision where Crisler is busy on Saturday or something?