Michigan to face Kentucky in London in 2022

2 Likes

Juwan isn’t screwing around with his scheduling!

5 Likes

Very cool. Glad they are doing a home and home. Should be fun.

6 Likes

Damn. To say that next season’s non-conference schedule will be difficult is putting it mildly. Michigan will have a B1G/ACC game (likely home), possibly a Gavitt (likely on the road), Oregon on the road, two games at MSG for the Empire Classic, and now UK in London.

2 Likes

This is awesome! Also, Kentucky is going to be STACKED next year with their loaded recruiting class that was able to just tell Green, Christopher and Todd they didn’t have enough room for them.

Maybe Juwan can use this as another recruiting pitch for JC

7 Likes

Won’t have a Gavitt game next year

1 Like

My thought as well.

1 Like

Not sure how I feel about the London thing, but I LOVE the home-and-home agreements with high majors. It’s great to always have one of those in play, in addition to the Challenge, Gavitt, and a neutral site mini-tourney.

1 Like

Why is that? Just our turn to not play?

Thank God. That non-con is already hard enough without one!

1 Like

Michigan has 1 Gavitt appearance left over the next three years, I believe.

1 Like

My pops just said the other day that we need to check out the O2 arena some time… Currently petitioning him to go for this. Wish me luck :joy:

7 Likes

Yes, its theoretically possible we could play. but with msu playing every year for the next 4, us playing in the 2K, and the requirement that each big ten team has to play in 4 Gavitt Games over the 8 years (we have played 3 in 5 and in back to back years). I would highly doubt we are in it for the third year in a row.

1 Like

Someone get Josh Christopher on the phone and tell him this was scheduled to help build his international brand at Michigan next year.

16 Likes

Hey Dylan, I think you accidentally switched the location of the games around. In the article it says, “Under the new agreement, Kentucky agreed to play in Ann Arbor in December 2021 and to host Michigan in December 2022.”

1 Like

Whoops, fixed.

You bring the tea, I’ll bring the crumpets.

1 Like

Updated with a quote from Juwan. More info coming Jan 2020.

“Michigan and Kentucky haven’t played since 1992-93, when Howard helped the Wolverines defeat the Wildcats in the Final Four.”

Dylan, I think you forgot about the 2014 Elite Eight game. One of the Harrisons with a 3 pointer over a near Caris Lavert block.

3 Likes

Yeah, was just updating that. Fixed now.