Michigan picked to win the Big Ten by Lindy’s Sports

2 Likes

I think @buckets12 may have snuck his way into the Lindy’s contributor slack channel too:

9 Likes

OK, I am so old that I don’t even know what the term “slack channel” means, but I like this! :wink: :grin:

4 Likes

According to the official Pistons’ roster, Kobe is now only minus 2-inches from Cade. He’s catching up!

4 Likes

Is Hunter a projected second- or third-team AA? You list him as second up front, but then say Kofi is second and he is third, and then again you say Kofi is 4th and Hunter is 6th in the country.

1 Like

Whoops – Hunter is 3rd team I believe, I’ll double check.

1 Like

Wow! If Jones is what Lindy’s has him at. This year will be awesome for the Maize & Blue.

3 Likes

is Lindy’s informed by anything in particular (scouts/coaches/whatever) or do they just have beat/staff writers?

1 Like

Most of these preseason magazines have an editor who hires a bunch of freelancers, usually some mix of team beat writers, national writers and maybe a few up and coming writers and people involved in the high school circuit.

Better magazines (Blue Ribbon) usually interview every coach as part of their process to write team previews (BR is by far the best preview mag) but I don’t think that’s the case for other outlets.

I’m also not really sure what process goes into the lists and rankings and all of that.

Frank Burlison (a recruiting guy) wrote a lot of the superlative stuff (i.e. Bufkin) and probably helps incorporate freshmen. Brian Mull (backcourt) and John Blanchette (frontcourt) did the position rankings. Lindsey Willhite seems to have led the Big Ten preview with Michael Bradley and Tom Worgo also contributing. Bradley wrote the U-M preview.

4 Likes

It’s a group messaging app used by a lot of businesses. Hipper than email.

5 Likes

Is Slack too old (already) for Gen Z? Discord (sp?) is all my college-aged son uses to communicate. (Not w me, of course. He honors me w the occasional SMS—hah!)

1 Like

I don’t even like to text. Messenger? I use it but not happily. On the other hand, you could put me up in front of a crowd 1,000 people and I would not be intimidated in the least! :rofl:

By the way, speaking of age, I have a GRANDson who is 29 years old! :thinking::slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Ernie and I communicate exclusively via UMHoops direct message

20 Likes

Somebody needs to set up a slack channel between Ernie and Boutros. This can’t go on like this

4 Likes

I think it’s time to ask if Boutros is informed by anything particular (or in particular)

3 Likes

Discord for my kid too. I don’t really use the Pistons Discord, but l have the app on my phone and I think my 13-year-old is disappointed about that.

3 Likes

Frankie put a clip on his Instagram story of one play from practice and I watched it like 10 times cause I’m that desperate to see this team

12 Likes

Who you got in the matchup of the guys on the floor?

Blue - Frankie, Eli, Jace, Cheddar, Diabate

Maize - Jones, Nunez, Barnes, Houstan, Johns

2 Likes

That’s tougher than I expected :thinking:. I’ll go with Houstan and Jones though. Eli just isn’t getting enough help.

3 Likes

Maize had Burns (#13), not Houstan.

3 Likes