Missouri as our 4 seed would be nice
Any idea why the S-curve isn’t snaked? Shouldn’t Missouri be Gonzaga’s 4 seed? Something to do with Iowa, I assume?
This one is apparently different.
Top 4 seeded teams from the same conference and be in the same region. So the B1G screws everything up
Also, would love if Michigan got the region.
It must be conference principles, which are still in force, since the reveal isn’t even close to a true snake setup.
- Each of the top four teams selected from a conference shall be placed in different regions if they are seeded on the first four lines.
- Teams from the same conference shall not meet before the regional final if they played each other three or more times during the regular season, to include the conference tournament.
- Teams from the same conference shall not meet before the regional semifinals if they played each other twice during the regular season, to include the conference tournament.
- Teams from the same conference may play each other as early as the second round if they played no more than once during the regular season, to include the conference tournament.
- If possible, rematches of nonconference regular-season games should be avoided in the First Four and first round.
Yeah… this is the one. But I guess I still don’t get why the brackets don’t match.
That doesn’t really explain why Houston as the last 2 seed would be in our region over Alabama.
Nice to see the big ten getting their well deserved respect. Some mighty big games coming up for UM.
Can’t wait for tomorrow.
That’s really weird. I’m confused now
The second one is a beautiful beautiful draw
In a true snake, we’d be with Villanova (6), Tennessee (11), and Texas Tech (14). Region 1 could also be a true snake (1, 8, 9, 16). It’s the presence of 5 Big 12 and 4 B1G teams that muddles regions 2 and 4 and prevents a true snake. Region 2 would group Baylor with WVU, which isn’t allowed to happen. Region 3 would group OSU with Illinois, which isn’t allowed to happen.
The bracket from the MarchMadness account seems more accurate to me. I don’t think there’s any reason not to put Houston with Gonzaga… then go from there.
What teams (outside of Zags and Baylor) do you view as the toughest matchups for us.
I’m pretty lost trying to compare the two and figure it out. Giving up, and taking solace in the fact that the S-curve will be different as soon as tonight.
I see a lot of people complaining on twitter that the top 16 is underwhelming without the blue bloods in there and that the tournament is going to suck. I welcome it! I think this tournament is going to be wide open and fantastic. I feel like if any of these people actually watched Duke or Kentucky play this year they’d change their tune pretty quick.
That’s such a strange take. It implies that the overall quality of play is down because some of the teams with the most recognizable uniforms don’t have top 16 teams. That makes no sense at all.
Now the MarchMadness tweet has been deleted
Desperately want this tournament to happen. This is so tantalizing.
The front runners are Gonzaga and Baylor. Both are playing at a historically high level. It’s not wide open that many people assumed it to be because of lack of blue blood at top 16.
Big agree here. Some people clearly don’t think too hard about this though. If people had watched Gonzaga or Baylor for any reasonable amount of time they would probably feel otherwise.