Michigan-OSU Presser Videos

I really recommend watching the OSU one, interesting stuff from Holtmann (gotta fastforward a bit to get to his part)

Holtmann presser

Not as much of note from Juwan’s

Juwan Presser

Bothers me that I respect Holtmann because of the school he coaches for, but I do. He’s tactful and a professional.

Also kind of chuckled at the last question about the comparison between U-M and OSU’s arena announcers. You mean U-M’s the only school whose announcer announces our players’ buckets like Thor finding his hammer and opponents’ buckets like they just shot his dog?

3 Likes

Right away, I was reminded of an old Sports Illustrated article showcasing a Knicks-Pistons game (back when both teams were nationally relevant) and just as part of describing the atmosphere, the author quotes the PA announcer at MSG:

basket…richardhamilton

to the line…benwallace

CARMELOOOOO ANTHONYYYY!!!

Can’t find the article, but it’s not important. We all know that’s what home court PAs are like.

Buckeye fanboy media types sure have a lot of conspiracy theories, but any of them that involve a hornet’s nest home court advantage for Michigan can be thrown right in the trash.

1 Like

Ha! Home teams hire homer PAs for home games. Probably started as soon as Naismith first hung up the first peach basket… though it was probably just George Bush on a megaphone.

2 Likes

Ha! I WAS a homer PA announcer for a while, and I was pretty darn good, by the way! :wink: There were times opposing fans would tell me I was supposed to be neutral, and I would tell them, “Not in MY gym, I’m not going to be neutral!” And then I’d get even louder! :grin:

1 Like

This is what the question was for, FWIW

Very cool read. Thanks for linking, Dylan.