Michigan offers four-star forward Yohan Traore

Uh…who are the N=2?

Olivier St. Jean (aka Tariq Abdul-Wahad) counts for sure.
Mahktar N’Diaye? I guess technically he played 4 games in the NBA.
Amadou Ba? He spoke French but probably not as his primary language and definitely didn’t make the NBA.

I think our Canadians (Jevohn Sheperd, Iggy, Stauskas) were all from English speaking provinces.

Yup, St Jean/Abdul-Wahad and Mahktar. I forgot about Ba…so my argument might be void.

2 Likes

And it’s very possible by the time Yohan would get to campus as a Michigan Wolverine, Moussa Diabate would join that group! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

Amadou Ba spoke French, Arabic, English and 2 African dialects

2 Likes

Yeah, if he had only had an offensive arsenal as diverse and multifaceted as his command of languages he would have REALLY been a special player!:wink::grinning:

5 Likes

If Moussa can’t make it on the visit, I’d be happy for the Michigan staff to invite me on campus that weekend, give the kid a tour of my favorite AA scene, speak French with him, and translate as necessary.
Just email me at jivan@imdoingthisfortheprogrameventhoughnobodyneedsanotherfreakinfrenchmanoncampusatthesametime.com

9 Likes

Where’s Olivier St. Jean when we really need him?

2 Likes

Johns attempted 6 threes in the 5 games he started at the end of the year, which also accounted for nearly half the total minutes he played. In that final, stretch, he had transformed into basically just a big (you could argue it happened earlier - he only took 17 on the year).

Yeah, those five games are all we have to go on for what a two big lineup may look like. At times it was good, at times we could have really used some floor spacing. We will see…I do like the diversity of our depth chart.

4 Likes

I saw that too…but I think English was his primary language and thus I think the OP is safe for his N=2.

As someone who sat in the front row for some of Makhtars games…let me just say that I am amazed that he played four games in the NBA.

3 Likes

Considering he’s from Mauritania, I wouldn’t expect English to be his primary language, probably Arabic

2 Likes

Has there been confirmation that Traore and Moussa know each other? I’ve just seen speculation but no confirmation. Apologies if this was hashed out elsewhere.

1 Like

Wow … Mauritania? Go past Timbuktu, a long way past, you’ll find Mauritania right before the very end of the road (Western Sahara).

It’s a long way from there to Ann Arbor. Hope this works out.

2 Likes

That was Amadou Ba… it didn’t work out…

4 Likes

Mauritania is the largest country lying entirely below an altitude of 1,000 meters

3 Likes

Per EndlessMotor a while back

Yohan has legitimate interest in Michigan and is friendly with current freshman Moussa Diabate."

19 Likes

Sounds amazing. Any insight into apres ski hotspots/culture? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What’s “The Shirt”?

2 Likes

We’ve got Moussa in A2, as well as Sekou and Killian just down the road. The Mecca for French Basketball is in SE Michigan!

7 Likes

10 Likes