Michigan at Nebraska Discussion Thread

I was using the barttovik numbers which like Michigan a bit more, but it’s similar. So kenpom gives a 61% chance of the winning the 3 home games. (And we’ve had pretty good success against PU, so who knows…)

There’s a much greater probability of winning the games than this…

1 Like

PU, MSU, and OSU only play each other once, which makes winning the B1G even harder for us. I like your formula though.

You have much greater faith than I in our fanbase

1 Like

Ha, I think we’re in agreement over how likely it is to avoid a freak out if there’s an upset loss.

2 Likes

Looking at Torvik’s stuff, it looks like their two leading scorers are pretty inefficient - Watson horribly so, just an awful shooter. Palmer seems to get by on getting to the line.

The have a 6’8” guy off the bench (Anton Gill) who is a fifth year senior who nailing threes all over, but really never had prior to this year. He was a Louisville washout.

Could we figure this out, using that B1G tourny seeding tool that someone posted earlier (I dont remember which thread or how to find it)?

http://bball.notnothing.net/big10.php?sport=mbb

1 Like

Have us losing just one more game, by my read. Agree with those who say some randomness asserts itself somewhere, but this is a team with really nice set of complementary players/assets. Would just love if the whole team got very hot from three and blew some people out so the players get a glimpse of their ceiling.

Purdue on the road is certainly a challenge, but 17% seems a little low after the way last week’s game went. We’ll see.

Theres still way too many road games for me to say well only lose once more. Or even twice.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Hes such a good dude.

3 Likes

Very interesting take on Michigan and scholarship reduction.
Sounds like Nebraska has this game circled on the calendar.

Very candid guy. I like listening to what he has to say.

2 Likes

Tim Miles is my favorite big ten coach not named John Beilein

7 Likes

We beat them 93-57 there last year; had to look that up.

Love Miles for his personality, but it boggles my mind when a coach says that they expect Michigan to play some zone defense. Michigan has played 1295 possessions of man-to-man. 21 possessions of zone.

Now maybe they do bust something out, but you hear coaches say this all the time like Michigan is a team that changes up defenses like Illinois or something.

Just find it strange.

3 Likes

It’s also one thing when it comes from a coach during the NCAA tourney who hasn’t seen them much, but this dude is in their conference.