Michigan announces No. 1 ranked 2021 recruiting class

12 Likes

The Wolverine Way
7 Likes

Excited to see how the 2021 class fares heading into next year

3 Likes

So excited for this class! It’s a small thing, but it is so cool to have Kobe as a lifelong Michigan basketball fan signing.

8 Likes

Juwan could definitely be the beneficiary of Beilein’s success in that respect. These kids grew up with an elite Michigan. I know Houstan went to an MBB camp at a young age

7 Likes

At the very least it’s enough to make me feel old very quickly.

11 Likes

How long have you ran this site? What was the first season?

And if you don’t mind me asking (Sorry if it’s a bother, I know this isn’t a Q and A), what has been your favorite season to cover?

Started the site when I was at UM in 2007-08. Tough to say on favorite season but probably 2013 just because it was a chance the cover the Final Four which isn’t something I ever really imagined doing before that.

14 Likes

Rewatching the videos of these guys from the post… I’m just astounded that a guy like Barnes is the 5th highest ranked player in the class. This group is flat out special.

3 Likes

I love that every parent gets a shout-out. Juwan is smooth.

7 Likes

Dylan, when you started the site, was it just for fun while you were planning for other jobs etc. Or was it your plan all along to become the number 1 source/site of Michigan basketball? Did you ever expect you would be here in 10+ years?

Noticed that as well. It’s easy to see why he’s such a great recruiter.

3 Likes

Not Dylan but I found MGoBlog/this site in 2011 looking for more basketball coverage after the Darius Morris GTFO my court game. So that season holds a special place for me.

2 Likes

I completely agree. Makes me super excited how much he cares about UM. When I think of the 2018 team that made the Final Four I remember a team that played with so much pride and passion. I think Kobe being a legitimate lifelong UM fan can help contribute to that kind of a mentality and culture.

I remember Dylan at the rivals free basketball board. Db_goblu42 or something like that.

Also, I love that we have our class done for the early period. Focus on '22 from here on out.

1 Like

It’s huge to have young players growing up watching Michigan having success on a national stage. The current class were only 9-10 years old when Michigan made it to the National Championship game in 2013 and they were 14-15 when they made it again. That has to have a huge effect on them in terms of perception that Michigan basketball is an elite program or close to it. We can thank John Beilein for turning the program into a respectable program.

11 Likes

You mean the season with the turtleneck wasn’t your favorite. My has UM basketball grown since that era.

4 Likes

I started the site because there was really no one talking about Michigan hoops as anything more than a passing thought. Definitely didn’t envision still running the site a little over a decade later.

20 Likes

Thanks for filling the void! The excitement and interest in Michigan basketball wouldn’t be the same without you.

9 Likes