Michigan announces 2022-23 non-conference schedule

1 Like

Set the O/U at 8.5?

Looks like 11-0.

3 Likes

Crisler wasn’t big enough to host the Emoni Circus??

8 Likes

I like this schedule a lot either easy home games (outside of Big Ten/ACC) or challenging neutral court games. Prepares us for March resume and gameplay wise

Is it too much to ask for M to schedule at least 1 interesting non-conference opponent at home? That’s cool that we’re playing good teams, but it’d be a lot cooler if we could actually go to the game. It’s no wonder the home crowd in Ann Arbor is so sleepy in November/December and the start of January. I chalk up last year’s Minnesota loss to the building being lifeless, and the team’s play matching that energy. Smh

4 Likes

Virginia is interesting, no? They should be preseason top 25.

Maybe not the most exciting team obviously, but a quality foe. Reality is that I don’t think U-M has ever really drawn well for B10/ACC other than maybe UNC.

3 Likes

I wish there were fewer neutrals and a true road (although UNC in Charlotte ain’t gonna be 50/50!), but overall I like the schedule.

I have to agree. Virginia is OK, but I really long for a more attractive home schedule. Take just one of those neutral site games and make them a home game and I’m feeling much better about making the 90 minute drive to Crisler.

I don’t completely disagree, schedule reactions and takeaways story coming soon here.

1 Like

I think it’s about as perfect a schedule as you can get

3 Likes

Emoni @ LCA :eyes::eyes::eyes: I will be there guaranteed

1 Like

For sure, Virginia is a decent one. But arguably the Athletic Department didn’t even schedule that game, ESPN did. I’d just like them to make quality non-con home/aways a bigger priority than neutral site games. Easier said than done I suppose.

At least our preseason tourney is in Brooklyn where it’ll be packed with M fans; and a game at LCA is an almost home game.

1 Like

Those Duke and UCLA home games back in the day seemed to get Crisler rocking

Yeah, big difference between a Saturday afternoon game in December and an ACC/B10 weekday game as far as turnout.

I agree that not scheduling home-and-homes is a bit of a frustrating trend.

Honestly those games you mentioned really put Beilein-era Michigan on the map. Those were great.

I don’t even really care if we go all in on a crazy game against a top-10 team. Let’s just get some interesting games against teams people might want to see.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Winner gets Kante?

Woof. Bad draw for the SOS.

3 Likes

Yuck! Cannot lose that opener.

Evidently the people in charge of the Legends Classic aren’t fans of storylines.

6 Likes