Matthew Moyer - New Film from Nike Sweet 16

Just off of that interview alone, Moyer is very mature for his age.

Moyer can maybe turn into a Dillon Brooks if he doesn’t grow.

Moyer is much more athletic than Brooks in my opinion

If Moyer can ever matchup with Stanley Johnson I’d hold him in similar esteem.

For an equivalent, if Moyer can best Josh Jackson or Jayson Tatum , I’d hold him in similar esteem.

I’m not a huge fan of Moyer at this point but I think he has much more upside than Brooks

Picked up an offer from Florida, NW offered yesterday. Moyer has added roughly 10 offers in the span of 2 weeks.

Florida has offered Matthew Moyer per @HeavensFinest14

— Brian Snow (@BSnowScout) July 25, 2014

Wow…Moyer all the way up to #54 in today’s updated 247 rankings (previously #101)

I think that’s a bit high honestly…based more on potential than production in my opinion.

Matt Moyer has added an offer from Vanderbilt, he tells me.

— Zach Fleer (@ZachFleerLGHL) July 25, 2014
Wow...........Moyer all the way up to #54 in today's updated 247 rankings (previously #101)

I think that’s a bit high honestly…based more on potential than production in my opinion.

Matthew Moyer, George Washington, Small Forward

Looks like he’s at 26 now.

Wow...........Moyer all the way up to #54 in today's updated 247 rankings (previously #101)

Matthew Moyer, George Washington, Small Forward

Looks like he’s at 26 now.

Now that is astonishing…I don’t think Moyer is anywhere near a top 25 player in the country at this point based on all the film I’ve seen.

He is a great finisher, and has the ability to receive an entry pass, stop on a dime with a pump fake and then go up strong (indicates he has potential for good footwork in the post). Also seems to be a decent passer, but that’s where it ends in my view. Weak handle (although it does look to be improving with every film I see), low release on jumpshot, and he takes a while to get his shot off.

If Moyer was 6’8-6’9 then I could see him being a top 50 player, but at 6’6 not so much. Probably a top 70-100 player in my opinion. Good athlete (not great), with limited skill. Seems like a PF or C stuck in SF body. If he grows or the handle improves to the point where it is a least average, he will be very good though. I am intrigued by him though, because he seems to be improving with every new film we see.

Yeah that ranking is too reactionary.

Aug 6 Matthew Moyer (@ballout4ever) will visit Syracuse,boeheim was courtside and in this tape http://t.co/tGALgRViz3 Also slam mag called

— Courtside Films (@CourtsideFilms) July 28, 2014

Syracuse is perfect for Moyer.

Matthew Moyer just got offered by Illinois - Illini fans watch him ball http://t.co/tGALgRViz3 @ballout4ever @jerrymeyer247 @UIHoopsRecruits

— Courtside Films (@CourtsideFilms) July 30, 2014

2016 VCC Ohio Warriors F Matt Moyer continues to rack up the offers. Tennessee and Liberty are the latest.

— Brian Flinn (@BFlinnFuture150) July 29, 2014