Matt McQuaid decommits from SMU

More athletic than Irvin or Stu, handle is suspect in my opinion (although some disagree). Great catch and shoot player and good finisher. For some reason he looks very stiff to me on film, doesn't look fluid.
If you had to choose one, Matt McQuaid or Seth Towns?

Towns by a healthy margin

Nothing about Stu was Ever Super… Nothing!! If he is a super sized Stu?? Run away as fast as you can.

if he is a super sized stu with same level of defense, it would be a great get.

You have to be kidding me - I would kill to have a Stu Douglass on this team right now, an above average perimeter defender that knows his role and plays within himself. Would have been the perferct combo guard off the bench. This guy has to be the most underappreciated Michigan player in recent memory.

You have to be kidding me - I would kill to have a Stu Douglass on this team right now, an above average perimeter defender that knows his role and plays within himself. Would have been the perferct combo guard off the bench. This guy has to be the most underappreciated Michigan player in recent memory.

I agree. Love to have a 6’5" version of Stu. Don’t know that McQuaid will become the defensive player that Stu was, though.

Nothing about Stu was Ever Super... Nothing!! If he is a super sized Stu?? Run away as fast as you can.
if he is a super sized stu with same level of defense, it would be a great get.

So we’re only taking Supermen? (haha)

If he has as much heart and determination as Stu…huge upside for Michigan and that young man!

Does Indiana ever miss a chance to offer?

RE: Matt McQuaid. Don’t expect Michigan to be in the mix. Hearing that he’s taking an official visit to Indiana and that Michigan State also offered.

RE: Matt McQuaid. Don't expect Michigan to be in the mix. Hearing that he's taking an official visit to Indiana and that Michigan State also offered.

I will take Robinson over McQuaid.

RE: Matt McQuaid. Don't expect Michigan to be in the mix. Hearing that he's taking an official visit to Indiana and that Michigan State also offered.

I will take Robinson over McQuaid.

Not like there is an option but McQuaid is definitely the better talent

And how many guards do IU and MSU need?

Why wouldn’t there be an option to take McQuaid? It seems to me he really wanted to visit (upon which he would likely get an offer), and we declined to extend him an invitation, at which point he committed to SMU. He hardly seems like a guy we couldn’t get if that’s the direction we wanted to go.

Because the staff don’t want him so time to move on.

And I don’t buy the “we declined to extend him an invitation”…