Llewelyn injury

Am I missing the diagnosis on Llewelyn’s injury? Seems like a topic important enough to be in discussions

Agree.

I haven’t seen any word on this anywhere either. I know the buzz on basketball is way down given some disappointing early losses and being overshadowed by football but it’s a key for us going forward. I guess we will have to stay tuned …

1 Like

Hard to discuss without an update. We have some pre-game availability today, so should hear something today I would imagine.

1 Like

I’ll be surprised if it’s not a long term injury. I haven’t heard anything specific, but the stuff we know is usually a bad sign:

• Non-contact injury
  • Trainers examining knee area on the court
  • Helped off the court by 2 people, not putting much pressure on his leg
  • Huge ice wrap while sitting on the bench
  • Unconfirmed rumor he had a large brace and was on crutches on the flight home (likely they would do this as a precaution anyway, until they could examine back in Ann Arbor)

It’s always possible it was just something minor, but those details above have me expecting he’ll be out for a bit.

He was also on crutches at the arena, fwiw.

5 Likes

We hear news on player injuries during game time in subsequent televised games. I hope nothing serious, but all indications point against it.

I speculated about Ronnie Bell getting a call from Juwan, but it does not seem realistic at this point. I think Bufkin will have to share the point guard duties with Dug.

3 Likes

I’m confident that Ronnie Bell is not the answer.

5 Likes

What about Joey Velasquez? Baseball and football have won titles with him on the roster now. I don’t know if he’s every played basketball, but does that really matter?

7 Likes

I’m sure Juwan will provide every detail on the next Zoom.

12 Likes

Keon Coleman vs. Ronnie Bell in B1G play. This is the way

7 Likes

For one, the injury occurred overseas, thus you have the travel aspect of it. Then you have swelling. You cannot properly diagnosis a thing if the swelling around the area is bad. My guess, he will be getting an MRI soon. Once that happens, then I would guess word will leak out of how bad it is.

Heart goes out for Jaelin… really tough scene.

Maybe he comes back next season?

6 Likes