Lebron James/Heat - most overrated of all time?

I think the real question is, is there a city in this country worse than Cleveland?

I think the real question is, is there a city in this country worse than Cleveland?

Yep, ever been to East St. Louis?

Yep, ever been to East St. Louis?

Don’t know how long ago you left the city, but I’d say Detroit is worse than either.

Nah, folks still live in the 'D so I return often and trust me, as bad as it is… it is still better than East Saint.

Nah, folks still live in the 'D so I return often and trust me, as bad as it is... it is still better than East Saint.

I’ve been to East STL (only once though), and I can’t say that it is worse than Detroit. Detroit has to be the only city I’ve been through where there no ‘safe zones’, you essentially have to be on guard irrelevant of where you are. Even areas such as Indian Village, Sherwood Forest, Palmer Park/Woods have gotten a bit grimy these days.

I agree that the awareness antenna goes up when I go home, but I’m not on high alert at all times. The downtown waterfront, mid-town, corktown and stadium areas are all safe zones. Of course this is so far off topic, I’m not even sure how we got here.

@jakerblue Can’t say much about the city as I’m a Detroit lover, but I can say that Cleveland sports fans are some of the worst around. And that’s saying something considering they haven’t won a pro sports title since 1964. You’d think they’d garner some sympathy with such a pathetic run, but not an ounce from me

@jakerblue Can't say much about the city as I'm a Detroit lover, but I can say that Cleveland sports fans are some of the worst around. And that's saying something considering they haven't won a pro sports title since 1964. You'd think they'd garner some sympathy with such a pathetic run, but not an ounce from me

Philly says hello

@jakerblue Can't say much about the city as I'm a Detroit lover, but I can say that Cleveland sports fans are some of the worst around. And that's saying something considering they haven't won a pro sports title since 1964. You'd think they'd garner some sympathy with such a pathetic run, but not an ounce from me

Philly says hello

If you’re into stand-up comedy, you’ve gotta YouTube Bill Burr The Philly Incident. He goes in hard on the a-hole Philly crowd. It’s comedic gold.

I am dying that anyone would call Lebron James overated! Amazing how people just can’t appreciate one of the best basketball players to ever play the game.

Not sure if you guys are considering teams that didn’t win championships as overrated, but the 03-04 Lakers are the definition of overrated. If not for the Kobe jumper in game 2, the Pistons would’ve swept them.

Also, every big city has its nasty areas, but downtown Detroit is fine and safe. Just don’t be an idiot and you’ll be fine. Maybe it’s because I lived there for a few years (I just moved out) but I never had any issues.

The Lakers team that played in the Finals that year was a shell of itself. Shaq and Kobe were irreparable as teammates as of that series. Not sure exactly what the straw that broke the camel’s back was, but I don’t think you can make too much of how they looked there.

The media gave the Larry O’Brien trophy to the Lakers before the season began and again before the Finals. Looking back, people don’t consider that team great because of how badly the Pistons embarrassed them. But until the Finals started, you would’ve thought they were one of all time best.

That’s because of the names they had on the roster, but as someone who followed that team closely, they fell apart as a team in that series. Could it be because of what the Pistons did? Perhaps in small part, but that roster (Kobe and Shaq in particular) was a house of cards.

Did something happen b/w the Conference Finals and the Finals? The Lakers were pretty much pooping on opponents before the Finals. Won the final three games of the series vs the Spurs, a couple by big margins. Took care of the TWolves very easily as well.

Either way, I think it was a great Lakers team regardless of what was going on behind the scenes. And I’m glad Pistons took them behind the woodshed like they did in 89 (and should’ve in 88).

Then they weren’t over-rated? Maybe the Pistons were just that good.

I do think something happened b/w the Conf Finals and the Finals. Kobe and Shaq finally and officially broke. But note, I am not trying to take away anything from the Pistons, just saying that the Lakers weren’t over-rated, merely disappointing with all those HOFers on the roster (if old).

I can tell you what happened between the conference finals and the Finals (well after Game 1 of the Finals anyway)…Karl Malone went down for the remainder of the series. Let’s just say the drop off between Malone and Medvedenko wasn’t very kind to the Lakers.

FWIW I think the Pistons would’ve probably won even with Malone, but most likely in 6 or 7.