Kevon Looney

Rumor is - Kevon will cut list of suitors to five toward end of July. Here is hoping we make the five to get him on campus. N.D. Weekend might be a nice time to bring him in.

From what I can tell, we’re in an unofficial “top six” for Looney right now, so I think we have a shot at making the top 5. If we can make the top 5 and get him on campus, then maybe things will get interesting.

I think we’ll get one.

It’d be nice to get him on campus for the Notre Dame game.

I think he will be Duke. I hope I’m wrong.

According to Jeff Meyer he stated that he has it on good local authority that Looney is between Duke and Michigan.

According to Jeff Meyer he stated that he has it on good local authority that Looney is between Duke and Michigan.

Don’t say things like this, gets my hopes up too much. I just wanna focus on making the cut to 5 and get him on campus. Then I’ll get more excited.

Edit: 247 Sports page for Looney has MSU recruiters for Looney as Tom Izzo and Lavall Jordan, they may want to update their page…

Jerry Meyer :-), not Jeff.

Jerry Meyer :-), not Jeff.

I saw that after the fact. Would be very odd if the assistant coach was giving out recruiting information about a prospect they are recruiting…

Mitch M picked us over Duke and it couldn’t be going much better for him. Hope Kevin gets to meet him to chat before deciding.

Kevin has stated that the UM staff believes he will fill GRob’s role when he leaves after this upcoming season. Again I really really want to see Looney, Booker, and Chatman land in AA. I post questions on Kameron’s ask.com and he sounds particularly high on UM.

Kevin has stated that the UM staff believes he will fill GRob's role when he leaves after this upcoming season. Again I really really want to see Looney, Booker, and Chatman land in AA. I post questions on Kameron's ask.com and he sounds particularly high on UM.

While I like the optimism on Looney, I don’t think the three you list are the optimal 3 combo of targets in the class at this point. Chatman and Looney are both combo forwards. I’d rather have Bluiett, Booker, and Looney in an absolutely ideal case. As others have pointed out, Bluiett now should be a top priority and I would love him to fill a SF/SG wing role starting in 2014.

I’d rather have Chatman than Bluiett.

Plus I think the minutes will be there for those Looney and Chatman to both play as freshmen. Looney would in theory move right into the starting line up and Chatman would be his back up.

If we ended up with Booker and Bluiett one of them most likely would not get to play that first year with Irvin, Stauskas, and Levert already ahead of them.

Booker is starting wherever he goes. Excellent basketball IQ. As for Looney and Chatman they both can play the 3/4. Looney could also defend smaller 5’s. They are versatile. Chatman is an outstanding distributor, his unselfishness would be great coupled with the talents around him.

Not if he comes here. He’s a good prospect but he’s not that good.

Yeah Booker isn’t starting here… Is he starting over Walton, Stauskas, Irvin or a junior Levert? No chance… He’d come off the bench for sure and provide a nice combo guard

Chatman over Bluiett ? no way. Have you seen the points Bluiett can put up ? When we talk about starting. Its the same boat for all these schools these kids are thinking about…has to be earned. You thinl Booker would start at UK? Earn time!

Looney would be in best position to start b/c personnel.

Booker is starting wherever he goes. Excellent basketball IQ. As for Looney and Chatman they both can play the 3/4. Looney could also defend smaller 5's. They are versatile. Chatman is an outstanding distributor, his unselfishness would be great coupled with the talents around him.

Jay - are we talking about Devin Booker here? In all seriousness, Booker’s shot selection is highly questionable at best. If anything, this is an area I think he needs to improve on greatly.

No doubt the potential is there, but to say Booker has excellent basketball IQ at this point is simply not realistic. That being said, I did see some improvement in the latest film from the Global challenge. Booker seemed to take open shots that were created from off ball movement rather than taking contested jumpshots off the dribble.

Paul Biancardi tweets @PaulBiancardi: Just received a call from @Loon_Rebel5
who has officially cut his list to 6:
Duke ,Florida ,Michigan State , Tennessee UCLA and Wisconsin

@JerseyJay Yep… surprised Michigan didn’t make the list honestly. Looney never gave off much in interviews but seemed to always have positive things to say about Michigan. UCLA got in very late as well.