Kenny Williams Summer Mixtape (Boo Williams)

So did Michigan just add a 6’7"+ version of Williams to the class?

Similar level of shooter…Williams is faster/quicker and Robinson is taller…Williams is a plus defender at the EYBL level, not sure how Robinson will hold up in that regard. Ideally a more dynamic guard like Dozier or Ali will commit as Williams is a bit redundant. Don’t think UNC gets both Williams and Dozier.

Yeah – I would be very surprised if Michigan pushed for Williams with Robinson in the fold. Was Williams a ‘plus defender’ for Boo? Never got that impression. I always liked his ability to move off the ball and he’s obviously knock down, but it looks like Michigan got its shooter.

Williams just never did a lot for me. He’s a great shooter and can get open, but he’s small, one dimensional and isn’t an above the rim athlete really.

I prefer a small shooter that is more athletically inclined vs. a taller shooter that is very limited athletically…in essence because 1 can defend while the other probably can’t. Again though, I think Robinson can play a nice role if he’s placed in a position to succeed, which in my view means a bench player that is primarily a catch and shoot player and capable of a few straight line drives and won’t be a sore spot on D because he’s playing against the opposition’s bench. In other words, a larger version of Vogrich with slightly more ability to create.

I certainly think Williams is an above aveage defender from watching him multiple times.
Robinson is a decent pickup IF he is a bench player with a limited role…but if we strike out in 2015/2016, and Robinson is forced to be a significant contributor…not going to be pretty with him being our wing creator.

I prefer a small shooter that is more athletically inclined vs. a taller shooter that is very limited athletically.........in essence because 1 can defend while the other probably can't. Again though, I think Robinson can play a nice role if he's placed in a position to succeed, which in my view means a bench player that is primarily a catch and shoot player and capable of a few straight line drives and won't be a sore spot on D because he's playing against the opposition's bench. In other words, a larger version of Vogrich with slightly more ability to create.

How about a Robinson/Irvin comparison?

Irvin is not an elite athlete by any stretch, but certainly more athletic that Robinson in all aspects. Again, I’m on record as saying that I’m ok with Robinson provided he isn’t compelled to take on a significant role as a creator.

Kenny Williams released his top seven: VT, VCU, Georgetown, UNC, Indiana, Ok State and Providence

No Michigan, which isn’t a big surprise with Duncan in the fold.

Irvin is not an elite athlete by any stretch, but certainly more athletic that Robinson in all aspects. Again, I'm on record as saying that I'm ok with Robinson provided he isn't compelled to take on a significant role as a creator.

Only time will really tell how much Robinson can improve his strength and conditioning and foot speed. I think going off the film, the guy will atleast be able to do what Irvin did this past year, and I do believe he is a guy that will do really well in “Camp Sanderson” for a year as all the weight he gained from high school to now was good lean weight and his frame can carry alot more of it. If he can play defence I think it will be tough to keep him off the floor. I just see him as a very consistent shooting threat and smart player.

Just curious, what makes you think he’s a smart player?

Just curious, what makes you think he's a smart player?

I think he is based on his seemingly good understanding of spacing and cutting and movement and I know book smarts don’t necessarily translate to basketball smarts, but I think there is at least a weak correlation.