Kenny Williams back in the fold?

Was looking at crystal ball predictions and saw a wave of people switching Kenny Williams to Michigan after he has now asked out of his VCU agreement. Any truth to this? How could we make this fit w/Caris (as it now seems JB is 100% against touching Hatch’s status)?

Does anyone have film?

Shooter

He has a gorgeous looking jump shot. One flaw is when he catches it he drops it below his waist to load of for the shot. At his size he will have to shorten that up to get his shot off at the next level.

Pretty tough to tell anything else from that film.

He has a gorgeous looking jump shot. One flaw is when he catches it he drops it below his waist to load of for the shot. At his size he will have to shorten that up to get his shot off at the next level.

Pretty tough to tell anything else from that film.

I’ve seen Kenny in several full games…he’s a good shooter both off catch and shoot (damn good) and off a few dribbles. He’s also an above average defender. I’m a fan of his game (even though Dylan isn’t), but with our needs (need ballhandling bad), just don’t think we have a need for Willaims at this point. We need a PG or combo guard that can handle the ball and create offense, especially with Robinson in the fold already.

I agree. We need someone desperately who can make something happen esp off ball screen game

I think a lot of time, the Crystal Ball predictions are ridiculous. I know they are there is ramp up conversation but tough to say someone is coming here without ever visiting. Now, there is a possibility that the coaches have ramped up their interest in Williams since Smart left VCU (by contacting the AAU coaches, only way w/o violating NCAA rules).

Have to think UNC will be heavily involved especially since Tokoto decided to enter the NBA draft. They desperately need a shooter.

I think a lot of time, the Crystal Ball predictions are ridiculous. I know they are there is ramp up conversation but tough to say someone is coming here without ever visiting. Now, there is a possibility that the coaches have ramped up their interest in Williams since Smart left VCU (by contacting the AAU coaches, only way w/o violating NCAA rules).

Have to think UNC will be heavily involved especially since Tokoto decided to enter the NBA draft. They desperately need a shooter.

I’m not a fan of the crystal ball predictions, either. And I totally agree with you that UNC will want him. They’re short on shooters and now that Tokoto is gone they have another void to fill.