John Beilein watching Kam Chatman this morning

Head Coaches Corner @ Columbia Christian for 615am workout…Michigan, Oregon and Idaho in the building!Following

It sounds like it is going to be extremely difficult to get Chatman. I find this to be depressing, and it’s going to suck even more when we go to Arizona next year to play against him.

not so fast . michigan is looking good for him

I hope your correct, I was looking at the 247 predictions and it has Arizona the favorite over Oregon.

How accurate have those 247 preditions been?

I have no clue, this is just the first year I started reading everything I can for up coming recruiting class.

They’ve missed here and there but they seem to be right a lot more than they are wrong.

They’ve missed here and there but they seem to be right a lot more than they are wrong.

Even assuming they crystabl balls are right more than they’re wrong, what you’d have to look at is at what point are they accurate. For instance, Booker’s crystal ball at one point was solidly Michigan. Now it’s KY. Obviously the crystal ball will have been wrong at some point (unless he commits to one, decommits, and commits to other school, I suppose). If Booker doesn’t commit to KY in the next 3 weeks but Blackmon or Oubre does and Booker has a great trip to Ann Arbor, will the crystal ball still say 80% KY? Probably not. It’s like how everyone is able to predict with 95% accuracy who gets into the NCAA tournament a couple hours before the selection show. Booker doesn’t appear ready to commit right at the moment, so I wouldn’t worry too much about what the crystal ball says right at the moment.

I do know that a lot of the basketball info on 247 is not updated as regularly as their football info (interest level, crystal ball), even when it’s not football season. With Football season in swing, it may be less reliable than usual. That said, still take a grain of salt with your optimism for now. What’s sure is that the Michigan visit definitely helped us.