Jamal Murray

Jamal Murray was on campus yesterday for the game fyi

Must have been epic seeing a fellow Toronto native doing well and of course us celebrating the B1G title.

From DraftExpress:

Jamal Murray
Weight: 196 lbs.
Height (w/ shoes): 6’4.5"
Wingspan: 6’8"
Standing Reach: 8’4.5”
Hand Width: 10.5” (massive hands)
Hand Length: 8.5”

Perhaps the most impressive player was 17 year-old Jamal Murray, not necessarily for how he impacted the competitive action, but for just how well he shot the ball throughout the day. Throughout the course of the shooting drills, shell drills, and full court games, Murray shot the ball exceptionally well from the perimeter both off the catch and off the dribble to the point that it became surprising when he missed. Standing 6’4.5”, Murray handled the ball at times in the competitive action, and while he struggled against the pressure applied on him by the explosive Emmanuel Mudiay, he made a strong first impression to the scouts in attendance seeing him for the first time with his shot making ability.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2yIuIH8vv
http://www.draftexpress.com

PG and wing recruiting is just never going to be a problem with this staff and system IMO. Really excited about the possibilities in the 15 and 16 classes in that area.

I hope he is our primary target in 2016…

@DraftExpress
Jamal Murray…17-year old kid who doesn’t miss from outside very often. Nice size. Smooth. Really smart.Yet another good player from Canada

did he say much after his recent visit?

Are we in a “good” position with him?

did he say much after his recent visit?

Are we in a “good” position with him?

He was there for UM cutting down the nets and the celebration. I don’t think any other school has gotten visits. Syracuse has the AAU pipeline with Ennis but his father (aau coach) is well aware of Stauskas. Syracuse is a bit crowded in the backcourt. Due to proximity, I think it’s either UM or Syracuse but expect this kid to be a top 20 player and have every offer out there.

I think it comes down to if we take a PG (Brunson) in 2015 or not.

I have the perfect way for us to pull into the lead for Murray. Get the 2016 Jacksons (Josh & Justin) to commit. Then you tell Murray to come join the party. Boom, problem solved!

Jamal Murray (6-4, Canada, 1997)

Having just turned 17, Murray has a mature frame and game that have helped him fit right into this high level event. A combo guard with some point skills, he has switched on and off the ball, for the most part holding his own. While he has had difficulty when being pressured by or defending Emmanuel Mudiay, he has managed to create scoring opportunities while not being completely outmanned. He has been the most consistent long-range shooter in drills and has stroked a few in scrimmages as well. His athleticism may not be elite, but his work ethic and aggression seem to stand out. Looks to have a very bright future and it looks like he gained quite a few fans with his early work.

Jamal Murray (6-4, Canada, 1997)

Having just turned 17, Murray has a mature frame and game that have helped him fit right into this high level event. A combo guard with some point skills, he has switched on and off the ball, for the most part holding his own. While he has had difficulty when being pressured by or defending Emmanuel Mudiay, he has managed to create scoring opportunities while not being completely outmanned. He has been the most consistent long-range shooter in drills and has stroked a few in scrimmages as well. His athleticism may not be elite, but his work ethic and aggression seem to stand out. Looks to have a very bright future and it looks like he gained quite a few fans with his early work.

Skilled, great shooter, work ethic, aggressive on O… Sounds like JB’s kind of player!

Looked good in the Summit. Shot it well, good vision, great in transition but struggled against pressure. Needs to get into a good S&C program.