It's pretty funny, seems like every year

Around this time we fans get all excited about the highest profile transfer prospects, grad transfers, euro’s, but coaches end up unearthing the Ryan Taylor’s of the world. Been working so far but just goes to show that they really have there own method or approach and it’s not influenced by rankings…

not a huge sample size to make such a statement

Well, the last 2 seasons we needed to pick up a last minute addition we went the under the radar route (Max, spike & Levert). Many of us wanted Dell Valle (sp?) for instance. A few seasons before Colton…I don’t recall all the names but lets just say the coaches haven’t received a commitment from a high ranked transfer, 5th year grad or euro yet. Seems like they choose the unknown high school kid. Admittedly we haven’t had to every season coach b has been here.

i thought you were implying that the method is highly successful.

Seems like you are trying to draw some distinction between Della Valle and Levert when they were pretty similar recruits. The coaches clearly made the right choice but a big part of that is the growth spurt Caris went on after he got here. We got a bit lucky there me thinks.

Wasn’t it Della Valle vs. Albrecht… then LeVert situation developed after both of those?

The Levert growth spurt thing is the one of the biggest myths out there. It’s not like he was 6-2 when he got here. He’s probably grown an inch/inch and a half.

The Levert growth spurt thing is the one of the biggest myths out there. It's not like he was 6-2 when he got here. He's probably grown an inch/inch and a half.

Wrong. Was listed 6’3’’ to 6’4’’ his senior year. The staff and players claimed it true, too.

Wasn't it Della Valle vs. Albrecht.. then LeVert situation developed after both of those?

That’s correct.

Wasn't it Della Valle vs. Albrecht.. then LeVert situation developed after both of those?

You are correct.

Here you are as proof.

I would rather have AJ Turner reclassify. Is Ryan Taylor that much better??

I would rather have AJ Turner reclassify. Is Ryan Taylor that much better??

Right now, they are just looking at Taylor. And he’s not the only one. They’ve seen plenty of Turner and he does not appear to be of interest to them at this point. Re-classifying is not a cut and dried deal, either. I’d like to see us get Shayok, though. I like his film.

W

The Levert growth spurt thing is the one of the biggest myths out there. It’s not like he was 6-2 when he got here. He’s probably grown an inch/inch and a half.

Wrong. Was listed 6’3’’ to 6’4’’ his senior year. The staff and players claimed it true, too.

Right. What am I wrong about. I know what he was in high school. He was at least 6-4 when he got here and probably 6-5.5-6-6. It’s overblown.

And Trey Burke was quoted that he was 6-5 before he even got here. So unless he’s 6-8…

W
The Levert growth spurt thing is the one of the biggest myths out there. It's not like he was 6-2 when he got here. He's probably grown an inch/inch and a half.

Right. What am I wrong about. I know what he was in high school. He was at least 6-4 when he got here and probably 6-5.5-6-6. It’s overblown.

to go from 6-3 to 6-6 is drastic