Is Juwan the richest coach in CBB?

Random thought. This has to be close to true, right? Juwan signed at least one contract in the NBA for over 100 mil. Some of that NBA money can’t somehow find it’s way into the hands of an NIL collective? Is this unethical, illegal, awesome, all of the above? FWIW I’m not drunk.

5 Likes

It’s a good night on the board. Glad I’m here for it.

11 Likes

ROLL CALL: who is drunk ATM?

5 Likes

he will be until duncan robinson is coaching the hampden-sydney tigers in three years

9 Likes

Like, do mean will I drive or will I be active (or unresponsive) in bed?

We have at least one on this fine, fine Wednesday evening

5 Likes

(good thing this didn’t come up yesterday evening)

Like Dylan, my partner is out of town and, like dirk, I won’t be operating any heavy machinery.

I too am not drunk, but I’ve eaten a gummy

This has granted me the wisdom to note that due to the fungibility of money, Juwan, drawing a salary from Michigan, or any employee I’d the school, is likely unable to do NIL as it’s a grey line to Michigan itself contributing

3 Likes

Shut yer trap and do a shot already

Penny’s got to be the richest

1 Like

But if there is dark money in politics, couldn’t Juwan start some sort of anonymous LLC that is based in the Cayman Islands that also just happens to want college athletes to represent its brand?

6 Likes

Not to mention that if we were to have a vacated championship, we could all easily accept it as legit since we ceded 2013. Really just have to hide the money trail for no more than a handful of years for us to really enjoy it and not care about the allegations.

3 Likes

Maybe when endorsements are lumped in. Juwan had higher career earnings in the NBA. But he never had any Lil Penny commercials. I think the fact that Juwan had a longer career and then immediately got into coaching means he is probably richer. He never stopped earning big dollars. Penny had about a decade between retiring and coaching Memphis.

1 Like

I remember the Lil Penny commercials being so good. I should look them up on YouTube and see if they actually are.

1 Like

Per Basketball Reference. Lifetime NBA playing salaries .

Penny $120M
Juwan $151M.

1 Like

Penny had a Nike shoe deal and other income outside the NBA.

1 Like

I hope you were not an equity investor in your namesake bank!

1 Like