Ignas Brazdeikis declares for NBA Draft

Isn’t this exactly the reason he should enter now, at his youngest and when scouts have the least amount of film on his game?

3 Likes

There is more than that floating around. I would expect to have two scholarships available.

No, he’s not. If he is ready to commit elsewhere he will. He isn’t holding out for any one school, even blue bloods. So if Michigan isn’t ready to offer or set up a OV before he commits then he won’t wait. But he only has taken 1 OV and he takes his 2nd one to Georgia this weekend. 4 or 5 other schools right now are seriously vying to get him on an OV, and other schools are still jumping in so could be more. His recruitment is still pretty fluid.

That is what I am hinting at. Poole will leave, but take forever to decide and Beverly goes elsewhere.

Grad transfers will be hard to get into school wise.

Our particular recruiting and willingness to have guys seek feedback from NBA dont go together.

We can’t handle this level of attrition, otherwise we are rebuilding pretty much every year.

That’s been my worry as well. I said it in a thread recently that I was worried Michigan misses on all the top grad transfers and 2019 Guard Targets, and then Michigan is very thin and undermanned in the backcourt next year.

Michigan can be very aggressive right now. They will have a minimum of one opening, but probably two. Beilein won’t wait to offer guys and he will push for commits

OK, I guess I’m skeptical, with all due respect to some here, of internet message-board insiders as well. It’s the oldest hustle on the web.

2 Likes

Yeah, don’t blame him at all for leaving. Passing and athleticism are very likely stagnant for any future growth.

Anybody that ever saw him in HS PREP knew that creating for himself and others was never in his arsenal.

He had 31 total assists this season.

He is a straight line driver with moderate catch and shoot ability. Who has real defensive issues. Nothing new here.

Is that something that will translate to the Association effectively?

His shooting would need to be extremely special to fit in without the ability to defend or pass adequately.

Michigan didn’t ask for this to happen

I’m not a believer in his NBA future long term. I hope to be proven 100% incorrect. Damn competitive kid.

If you don’t believe in his NBA future I don’t see how staying another year will help him. Just speaking generally to everyone.

1 Like

I personally think Iggy could be a first rounder after another year. He has enough room to grow and elevate his stock to that level.

1 Like

Help him in terms of a pro basketball career? Probably not.

What exactly is your criticism? What is Michigan doing wrong?

4 Likes

This won’t be a rebuilt. There are three high-quality upperclassmen starters.

2 Likes

Huh? Based on what?

1 Like

It’s not a rebuild, but it’s not a reload. We have a floor with Z since he’s established as a great PG. But there was already a ceiling with a Z team imo and that ceiling comes crashing down if there is no secondary creator on the roster, which I don’t see anywhere right now and I don’t think one can really be predicted either. If one develops it will be a surprise.

2 Likes

The board has already provided several counter-examples to your “gone at the first whisper” assertion. You seem to be complaining for the sake of complaining.

7 Likes

Stop. You really think that you are in a better position to assess Poole’s and Iggy’s draft prospects than the advisors they will have, the input they will get from the NBA and Beilein and the staff?

1 Like