Hunter Dickinson will return for sophomore season

Does something like that factor into big man recruiting. Or is it negligible?

2 Likes

I thought I saw a few reports about Jones being a second rounder but I could be wrong

1 Like

It already has IMO. I think U-M has been going into this class with an understanding of the situation at center.

6 Likes

Givony listed him as a late second rouner for next year’s draft, and has been very high on his stock in general.

Neither was invited to the combine though and there are more combine spots than draft picks.

7 Likes

The only reports of him being a second rounder were form Givony and that’s for 2022

1 Like

ahh gotcha, I must have misread them then! Thanks for clarifying

O/u 3.5 Michigan basketball players in the top 50 of the 2022 NBA Draft

I’ll take the over at 5

• Big Ten regular season title
  • Big Ten tournament title
  • Undefeated Big Ten record
  • Midwest region champion
  • National Title
4 Likes

To clarify, do you think it adds reassurance to the potential recruits?

1 Like

Ah, I don’t think it makes much of a difference because I’m sure there have been conversations about that. I’m sure it doesn’t hurt, but the conversations with the coaching staff are what matter not parsing IG captions.

5 Likes

Since nobody else has, I’d just like to give Hunter props for getting off a “back” pun :joy:

9 Likes

Great news…for Hunter, for his teammates, for his coaches, for his parents, for his friends on campus at UM, and great news for us, too! Go Blue!!! :blue_heart: :blue_heart: :blue_heart: :blue_heart: :blue_heart:

5 Likes

WHAT a GREAT interview this was. Hunter’s smile says it all, but speaking of saying it all I knew Hunter was intelligent and well spoken, but my, oh my, he is incredibly articulate! I was blown away by that interview and so very proud of this wonderful young man! Mom and dad Dickinson, I think I have a sense of what you feel in your heart right now and probably have always felt when thinking of your son and all he has and will accomplish! I am so pleased that he is back and excited for the season to begin!
Go Blue!!! :blue_heart:

5 Likes

I am looking forward to watching this team in person this upcoming season! Favorites for the Big Ten Conference regular-season title!!

Ton of pressure on this year’s squad to make the FF and more, especially given the C spot is a possible weakness next year.

3 Likes
7 Likes

Oh oh ha ha O what a relief it is! There are at least 2 passionate over 70 M bbl lovers who I don’t know how many more years will be able to deal with this last minute suspense. In the end Hunter will know he made the correct decision.:wink:

3 Likes

This one I knew for a day or two so wasn’t sweating it out :sweat:

2 Likes

Rothstein already going back on what he said about the BIG running through Purdue. Lol.

11 Likes

Anyone know how much an insurance policy is for athletes at Hunter’s level?

1 Like

A lot of chicken counting going on here. But man, those are some great looking eggs.

3 Likes