Hunter Dickinson Appreciation Thread

So I was wrong about Hunter Dickinson. I didn’t expect him to contribute anywhere near this level this quickly. As Dylan constantly mentions, he needs to be the starter sooner than later. He is already better than senior Teske and miles ahead of freshman Moe Wagner and regular season freshman Mitch McGary.

Hunter is a dominator and I don’t expect him to stick around for 4 years, even if he doesn’t fit the bill of modern NBA stretch 5.

2 Likes

His hands and vision are striking. Compared to other 7-footers, he has elite athleticism. He’s going to be so much fun to watch for as long as he’s here.

5 Likes

I have to watch each game twice because all I do is watch him the first time around. . So much fun to watch him play. I can’t wait to watch the highlight reel of his passing at the end of the year. Elite passing!

10 Likes

My God, is this ever going to end? I said it before in a different thread, and I’ll say it again here…I’m proposing a moratorium on Hunter hyperbole until we get through a few conference games first, at the bare minimum.

I know we’re all anxious for ANYTHING to get excited about within UM athletics, and lords knows FB isn’t providing. I also know that Dickinson has underpromised and overdelivered thus far. But my lord, it’s been 4 games against SUSPECT non-conference competition. If he’s doing it against the likes of Cockburn and Garza, then by all means anoint him. Hell, at that point I’ll even indulge in this nonsensical one and done convo.

Not trying to rain on his parade, and can honestly say I’ve been extremely surprised and impressed with what he’s displayed thus far…but just trying to bring a bit of level-headedness into the mix.

1 Like

Wow, 3 enthusiastic posts. So over the top. :rofl:

8 Likes

“It’s so fun to watch him play”

“Guys chill out with the optimism geez”

4 Likes

I save my UM-hoops level-headedness for big recruitments that involve Florida State.

I prefer endless optimism over my big ten freshman of the week.

8 Likes

Lol. Fair. Can’t argue with that logic.

I can’t tell them apart!!!

4 Likes

You can skip the first 6 minutes of each half the first time through

2 Likes

I’m downvoting your post for its lack of overexuberance.

4 Likes

11 Likes

Find the meme where Jokic’s chest hair is holding Hunter’s chest hair’s jockstrap

Ok guys. Eff it. Have at it with the adulation. After tonight, dude deserves every bit of it. In a game when we needed our vets to pull us through, we instead were blessed with another stellar performance from our 20-year-old “Freshman”.

14 Likes

YEAHHHHHH BEEJ!!! Welcome to the Hunter hype hive. It’s nice and warm here.

10 Likes

Who do you guys think is going to wear #1 next year for Michigan? Someone has to keep the one and done freshman tradition alive!

It’s still very early in the season but Hunter’s 8.4 rebounds a game is the highest average since Tractor Traylor’s junior year (10.1 rpg). A more recent number is 7.6 a game for DeShawn Sims in '09-'10.

1 Like

And Franz is right behind him in DReb%

1 Like

Defensive rebounding is 50% a team effort generally.

He is as good a finisher as I can remember. He makes post offense look so easy when most guys never develop that kind of footwork and positioning. He must have done a ton of Mikan drills growing up.

1 Like