How many total do we take in '14? and how many does that allow us to take in'15?

In '14 I see us taking 3 total.

Combo forward- Chatman, or Edward, or Looney.
Wing scorer- Booker or Bluiett.
Big-Doyle

in '15 we will have 3-4 spots? How many spots do we fill? do we go 1 pg, 2 bigs, and a wing? or do we go 1 pg, 1 big and 2 wings?

pg?

bigs?

wings?

Here’s a scholarship chart for reference: http://www.umhoops.com/recruiting/scholarship-breakdown/

A wing guard and a combo forward in the '14 class seems most likely. Depending on how the chips fall, and if the player is good enough, I could maybe see another guard added to that mix late.

'15 will have a PG and UM is after a lot of bigs, so can probably pencil in one. There are a lot of question marks though… Mitch, Glenn will be gone and the front court needs will be tough to decipher without seeing Donnal, Doyle in a Michigan uniform yet.

Considering GR3, Mitch NBA chances, Bielfeldt 5th year question mark, Austin Hatch question mark you should have at least four spots in that class I would guess.

Here's a scholarship chart for reference: http://www.umhoops.com/recruiting/scholarship-breakdown/

A wing guard and a combo forward in the '14 class seems most likely. Depending on how the chips fall, and if the player is good enough, I could maybe see another guard added to that mix late.

'15 will have a PG and UM is after a lot of bigs, so can probably pencil in one. There are a lot of question marks though… Mitch, Glenn will be gone and the front court needs will be tough to decipher without seeing Donnal, Doyle in a Michigan uniform yet.

Considering GR3, Mitch NBA chances, Bielfeldt 5th year question mark, Austin Hatch question mark you should have at least four spots in that class I would guess.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Bielfeldt 5th year. With McGary and Horford gone and bigs not being a 2014 priority, I’m not sure that Donnal and Doyle will adequately fill the big body role on their own.

Here's a scholarship chart for reference: http://www.umhoops.com/recruiting/scholarship-breakdown/

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Bielfeldt 5th year. With McGary and Horford gone and bigs not being a 2014 priority, I’m not sure that Donnal and Doyle will adequately fill the big body role on their own.

That makes sense, but what if you can get two bigs in '15 that you really like?

Are you trying to tell us something (Zimmerman, Diamond, Dickerson)?

That could certainly change things. That said, Bielfeldt’s continued development isn’t out of the question and the physical maturity and leadership traits he’d bring to the table shouldn’t be discounted.

Are you trying to tell us something (Zimmerman, Diamond, Dickerson)?

That could certainly change things. That said, Bielfeldt’s continued development isn’t out of the question and the physical maturity and leadership traits he’d bring to the table shouldn’t be discounted.

If we could land 2 of those 3. Wow. That would be an absolutely lethal front court to build around.

@MGoShoe No not trying to hint at everything, just throwing out a hypothetical.

I feel like we’re going to be a primarily young team for the next couple of years. That’s probably just the cost of doing business in today’s basketball upper echelon, but it’s interesting nonetheless.

I think we take two more counting Hatch and Doyle. I think we’ll end up with 3 or 4 scholarships in 2015.

3 in 2014 unless the 4th is a REALLY good option

Will Hatch be on some kind of medical/regular scholarship and not a bb scholarship?

I expect 4 total scholarships in 2014 (Hatch, Doyle, ?, ?). The remaining slots seem to be a combo wing and combo forward. So someone that can play the 2/3 and someone that can play the 3/4.

2015 I don’t think we can get away from at least 1 PG and 1 Big. If a more dedicated 5 man commits (e.g. Zimmermann) I would say it’s possible to take a more dedicated PF type (Dickerson would be a guess here). Otherwise, it could just be 1 Big that can play the 4 or the 5. Then I think there will be a wing player because Beilein recruits one each year.

So to summarize:
2014: 4 total scholarships (Hatch, Doyle, Combo Forward, Combo Guard/Wing)
2015 A: 4 scholarships (PG, C, PF, Wing)
2015 B: 3 scholarships (PG, PF/C, Wing)

I think 3 in '14 (including Doyle, not including Hatch) and as many as 5 in '15. Lots of unknowns, but there will probably be some “unexpected” attrition.