Henry Ellenson

What the interest level between UM and Ellenson?

When I watch his tape I think of McGary. Big frame but moves really well and good skills.
…likes to push the ball on the break.

Michigan seems like the perfect place for him to use his shooting and ball-handling skills too.
Our spread/motion offense would give him a lot of opportunities.

Speaking completely as an outsider.

Agree that Michigan would be a good fit for him, but I don’t think the interest is mutual so far otherwise we would probably be hearing more about him here and elsewhere

It’s unfortunate because from what I have seen I like his game, but Wisconsin seems like a favored suitor right now.

Henry’s bother Wally just transferred from Minnesota to Marquette.
Don’t really know if Henry is looking at us much. Prob Wisonsin…maybe Marquette now…
Id love to land this kid.

Their dad played Marquette and then transferred to Wisconsin. Just watched him against Minnesota on BTN from a 1990 game.

Family is EXTREMELY involved. The boys in the family played for MN Pump N’ Run/D1 Minnesota up until this year. Now, dad is an assistant on the WI Playground Elite and from my understanding he wasn’t involved much previously. Second year in a row Playground Elite has nabbed someone from MN AAU team. I have no confirmation but gut feeling says there are some shady things going on in his recruitment.

Yeah I’ve heard the dad can be a bit of a pain in the butt to deal with.

He isn’t coming here due to politics but can’t help but see McGary in Ellenson’s game

What exactly do you mean by politics? The same stuff already discussed, or other things?

What exactly do you mean by politics? The same stuff already discussed, or other things?

Basically.