2020 - F - Henry Coleman (Offer)

1 Like

Interested to see if anything happens with this kid going forward. After JAR committed, I’m assuming his top choice is no longer an option.

2 Likes

Michigan mentioned with Henry Coleman, as well as Duke, whom he got an offer from yesterday, Arizona State, and Virginia. Maybe it’s just me but I feel like perhaps the staff is looking for a tweener forward type player. Michigan offered Terrance Williams yesterday and apparently are recruiting Coleman hard and also apparently are looking at Scooby still.

Also a mention of Walker Kessler with Michigan but Corey Evans seems to think Gonzaga, Auburn and UNC are the leaders.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Anyone have a Rivals account? Is Duke in the drivers seat for this one?

Regarding Michigan:

“They like my game a lot. I talk to Coach (Juwan) Howard a lot. He knows what to do and how to get me (to the NBA) and prepare me for it. I always have to keep that in the back of my mind and I like the area that Michigan is in, too.”

He makes it sound like he’s been to Michigan the way he mentions that he likes the area. Idk how else to translate that.

Evans says Coleman is a pretty decent shooter as well. I didn’t see a lot of jump shooting in either of Dylan’s videos though.

“Why is Coleman such a heavy target nationally? He is a hard-nosed, active and consistent producer that has become more explosive in recent weeks and now can comfortably make shots to the perimeter. He boasts excellent character traits and looks to be a sure-fire producer at the highest level in college.”

1 Like

Several mentions of Henry Coleman in this. Also, Evans stated that if Beilein was still the coach, JAR would have ended up at Michigan :frowning:

1 Like

He’s not a shooter, IMO. Will attempt the occasional 15 footer but his game is playing bully ball around the rim.

1 Like

Yeah this is what Evan Daniels from 247 wrote about him:

" Henry Coleman is a powerfully built combo forward," 247Sports National Director of Recruiting Evan Daniels wrote. “He is a good athlete that brings toughness and physicality. He’s a strong rebounder that plays with tremendous energy. He competes on both ends and has the potential to guard both forward positions at the collegiate level. The next step for him is improving as a long-range shooter and ball handler. He should develop into an NBA draft choice.”

Yeah that is sort of what I was thinking because I didn’t see many jump shots nor did he look to shoot from mid range or 3 when he was faced up and got the ball. He looks pretty explosive off 2 feet around the rim imo. Pops off the floor pretty quick and gets to the rim. Not a crazy athlete in general but looks to be a pretty decent one off 2 feet. Has a frame that could handle the BIG right away too.

2 Likes

Just curious, from what little you know of the new offerees (Ware, Coleman & Williams) whom would you say would be the best fit for the general style of the BIG and/or who would make the quickest impact? I’d say Williams/Coleman for both imo. Williams seems to have the best jump shot of the 3, Coleman seems the most physical/best athlete. Ware probably has the most size and upside.

1 Like

Odd to see M going after a kid like Coleman after 11 years of Coach Beilein.
I think Coleman is very good. Looks like Coleman could come in this year and lead the team in rebounding. He’s in the mold of a Maurice Taylor type player. Not the most fluid athlete, but plenty explosive, and has the makings of a nice shot.

1 Like

If we read some early tea leaves and try to extrapolate from there, I think we can expect the 4/5 spots to look similar to the Taylor/Traylor/Baston rotation that followed the Fab 5. And if that is how Coach Howard wants to go, Michigan needs help at the 4 more than the 2 in this recruiting class.

1 Like

Definitely getting the feeling that people won’t call a Juwan team “white collar” ever.

/Squints at roster…

Maybe the 4 and the 2 :wink:

5 Likes

Coleman reminds me of a smaller version of DeShawn Sims without three point shot.

Sucks duke got involved, I honestly think this is one um had a very good shot at winning had duke not gotten involved. Maybe they’ll slow play him or put him on the back burner like they did with Girard.

2 Likes