Harold Baruti '16 in on his way to an OV at UM

3 Likes

Iā€™m glad you guys have convinced me out of my Aubrey comp.

Really intrigued by his potential as he hasnā€™t played basketball very long. To be at the level he is at, getting late offers and looks from good schools, in those two years is quite impressive.

1 Like

I dare say Andre Iguodala is a good comp.

Is he going to get offered?

poor mans. Who knows if he can guard like that if so then heā€™s worth it

Hell, if he can guard like Andre, he should be starting opening night.

I think the fact that he has only played two organized years and is playing at that level gives him a very high ceiling.

His HS coach told me there is a holdup on the transcripts - not necessarily grade issues, but likely complications arising from the fact that heā€™s not originally from the US.

3 Likes

Are you at liberty to say what else his HS coach may have said about either the visit or Harold himself. Coachability, work ethic, basketball IQ, etc.

Nothing more than what he told Quinn above, his exact words were ā€˜I heard the workout went very wellā€™

1 Like

Iguodala was a consensus all american and top 30 recruit. I understand people like to make comparisons but we are talking about a recruit that has barely gotten any recognition to a guy who was a big time high school all american.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Basically if they can get him admitted, they will offer. Thatā€™s how Iā€™m reading it.
Happy for the young man

Call me OCD. The next TOEFL test date is May 21 in that part of VA.

1 Like

Do you know how long it takes to get the scores back from the exam?

I donā€™t know much about the TOEFL, but just glancing through the kidā€™s tweets itā€™s hard to imagine that he wouldnā€™t pass easily. He seems to have very good practical knowledge of English and even some command over reasonably complicated idiomatic expressions.

1 Like

Some general information I gathered.

-The test is offered often
-It looks like there is no limit to how many times you can take the test (just canā€™t take it twice in 12 days)
-No passing score - apparently it varies depending on the University and what it requires
-The time frame for scores looks to be about two weeks.

Michigan requires an 88 on the computerized version.

Iā€™m really hoping we get this guy. Of all of our options, I like him the best. Unless we can somehow get a big time recruit in '17, this guy should be our priority at the moment. With only two years of experience, this kid has a very bright future and is exactly what we need. Might take him a year to be a plus player but with his athleticism and finishing ability to go along with a good looking shot, can be a very good player here. Simpson, Watson, Baruti, and Teske can turn into what we missed out on in '14. I like all of these players and expect them all to be contributors on some pretty good Michigan teams.

1 Like