Givony Early 2022 NBA Mock Draft

Behind a paywall.

This will obviously be pretty far off from what actually ends up happening but a good look at where everyone is starting.

Names of notes:
Houstan #9
Ivey #14
Keegan Murray #23
Jalen Wilson #39
TJD #46

Overall seems too heavy on international prospects

I don’t get how Diabate is not in the top 60

6 Likes

Dickinson? If Diabate’s not in there given his athleticism and measurables, maybe it’s an oversight. From what we’ve read and seen, there’s no way a guy like TJD goes above him.

Diabate is kind of a late riser and Givony can be a little late on HS late risers in his early mocks

Also has Mark Williams as a first rounder. I’m pretty sure, even by modern NBA game standards, I’d rather draft Hunter.

1 Like

whole paragraph describing the issues he caused holmgren and then hes not rated, givony is great but these early ones are usually wacky

2 Likes

Didn’t know that about him. Not a strong argument for paying for that content, in that case. Diabate is a McDonald’s All-American and that group was announced two months ago…

1 Like

Keegan Murray???

2 Likes

I really hope Ivey has the type of season that makes him a lottery pick, that would be fun to watch (as along as it doesnt come at the cost of Purdue spoiling M’s back-to-back B1G ships ofc)

Ivey definitely has potential but it’s pretty tough to be a top 20 pick as a smallish 2 guard shooting <30% from 3…

He’s 6’4"? But yeah I agree that he’s probably not getting into the lottery @ < 30 3P%. I probably wouldn’t eyeball him as a lottery pick even with a significant sophomore leap. I was just saying it would be fun if he got there. A Matt Painter offense hasn’t had an athletic slashing wing as its centerpiece since…(tho if Trevion comes back Ivey probs wont be the ‘centerpiece’ even with a soph leap)

I feel like on his advanced stats and profile alone if I had the 35-40th pick I would call up Keegan Murray and make him a promise to sign him to a guaranteed deal with a player option in year 4 or whatever is the most advantageous deal.

2 Likes