Game 8: Michigan at Louisville Preview

I was talking with my brother who is a college basketball coach and him and I both agree that individually the type of player that will be the hardest for us to guard in a 1 on 1 match up is a big guard who can play the 2 or 3. We have the point guard and center spots on lock down with Simpson and Teske but a big guard could cause problems for Eli Brooks because of his size and Livers because of speed and perimeter skill. Obviously Franz is a big question mark on defense because I don’t think he is the type of defender to hold his ground and stay in front of the ball handler. he is more of a guy who gets tips and deflections on D and knows where to be off the ball. Basically I think Nwora could pose a problem for us more so than stars at other positions on the court and it will take a team effort to keep him in check. No Matthews on the wing anymore.

1 Like

Thanks for linking… was wondering why I was getting random likes on those tweets

Michigan’s whole success this year is built on the idea of “returning a bunch of dudes”. This is a sport where upperclassmen are rare and valuable. Wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss that aspect of it

1 Like

plus inserting a european professional basketball player into the line up

but agree on premise, im glad yall are talking me down cause i dont feel as nervous as i should for this game

2 Likes

If anyone knows how to prep on no rest, surely it’s the guy who spent 19 years in the NBA?

Every single bounce in going their way. Infuriating.