Game 8: Michigan at Louisville Preview

As much as anything, the travel and short turnaround are what concern me the most. all things being equal I like Michigan as I think Simpson in the ball screen is too much for Louisville to handle.

JJ long time no talk! Hope all is well buddy!

1 Like

Where do UNC and the Zags and ISU tank defensively?

43rd, 57th, and 97th without preseason projections.

I agree. And I think thatā€“short of or even including a blowoutā€“this game is taking place with house money. Michigan will more than look forward to seeing them on a neutral court down the road.

Having said that, Iā€™ll be looking to see whether the guys are loose in the pre-game. If so, Iā€™ll ratchet up my hopes that they steal a win.

1 Like

These are Torvik numbers without preseason rankings:

4 Likes

Good start for Lavall Jordan and crew at Butler this year.

4 Likes

We are still playing with house money at least until the conference season starts as far as I am concerned. Hoping for a competitive game. Not even sure what I will do with myself if we winā€¦seems like it would be hard to be in ā€œhouse moneyā€ territory if we do.

Honestly think this would be a pretty bad loss from Louisvilleā€™s perspective given they are at home and we are coming off a lot of travel.

Iā€™m going to cringe the first time I see a jumpshot come up short or pushed. Just hard to imagine we are going to have great legs with the schedule we have been on, travel included.

6 Likes

I believe preseason numbers are based on returning production/experience (incl transfers), past performance and recruiting rankings (mostly for freshman). So itā€™s based on numbers, not assumptions.

1 Like

Iā€™m looking for the first ā€œbig gameā€ for Franz Wagner tonight. Hope iā€™m right lol

5 Likes

22 Likes

:rofl: Thank you. That put a pretty rough work day into proper perspective.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: lol that comment

1 Like

The preview on Louisvilleā€™s SBNation site was actually well done. Had a few @eric_shap tweets and similar breakdowns.

2 Likes

With all the respect to DeAndre, the development of our guards definitely took a step back after Lavall left (and in contrast, our big men have faired better since, with a lot of credit to Saadi). It is good to see Lavall doing well at Butler.

The Michigan/Louisville 2nd round tournament game from 2017 is on Big 10 Network right now.

4 Likes

louisvilleā€¦ the same team that was 20-14 last year, has no new 5 star recruits and lost to a minny team we housed?

get weā€™ve lost some pieces too, its a coming out game for them and a let down spot for us, but this isnā€™t facing Duke last year on the road

They do have a new 5-star. 6-6 Samuell Williamson coming off the bench.

They have an incoming 5*, beat MSU last year who we lost to 3x, add an elite grand transfer, and return all but 1 rotation player.

1 Like

k point taken on 5* and the the selective biasā€¦ still a seven seed adding a rotation 5 star and returning a bunch of dudes, doesnā€™t scream unbeatable number 1 team to me

that said i expect we lose lol