Game 5: Ohio at Michigan Open Thread

No clue how anyone here could justify that degree of certainty based on the information we have now, especially given the hundreds of players every year who develop just fine despite not getting PT.

1 Like

At 18, Giannis was a skinny 180 pounds @6’8’. Hardly a freak.

1 Like

You want to reduce athletic potential (i.e. freakishness) to just two factors? Height and weight?

1 Like

Isaiah Barnes and Derrick Rose both played high school basketball in Chicago. Why isn’t Barnes playing for Michigan?

5 Likes

Wait Europeans come to the US to make the NBA as soon as possible and don’t stay for 4 years?

Are we just saying things now? What’s the basis of that outside of “Franz Wagner”?

The vast majority of Europeans in the NBA did not play a minute of college basketball. The only prominent European NBA players who played college basketball off the top of my head are Vucevic, Sabonis, and Wagner (and Sabonis, who has never lived in Lithuania, was born and raised in the US and went to a US High School and played AAU is a major stretch).

The real NBA prospects are generally playing at a higher level than Khayat was at that age, and go from a senior team to the NBA.

3 Likes

Well, this thread has officially jumped the shark.

8 Likes

I can bring up Frankie Collins to get us back on topic?

11 Likes

You didn’t expect to open an Ohio game thread to find people breaking down Giannis as an 18 year old prospect?

5 Likes

Yeah, he went 15th for no reason

1 Like

Picked up a new scouting tool though! Just have to compare per game averages to a former lottery pick.

5 Likes

Not like this is the first time my man went all in on some of the worst takes on the internet.

1 Like

At 6’9’’ , Antetokounmpo makes up for muscle with mobility and agility. He’s a small forward by nature, however his versatile skill set and reported 7’3’’ wingspan should allow him to play multiple positions. Antetokounmpo is also an exceptional athlete.

hey fellas what are we chatting about

6 Likes

Name a few more, other than recognizing freaks by the …horns they carry.

But since you brought this up, here is a little story. when Giannis visited the US for the draft, he went with his brother on a secret trip to Atlanta to meet with Danny Ferry, the Hawks gm. The team doctor examined him, and he ran to Ferry saying that the kid was a freak of nature. He had never seen anything like that before. Being 18 years old, his bone structure showed that he had a few more inches to grow unlike to mere mortals like us. So, at 18 years old, it is hard to predict freakish nature…

And the same year Anthony Bennet went 1st for a good reason?

1 Like

Only a parsing of Emoni Bates can properly do this.

3 Likes

What on earth is going on here

Michigan 45 > Ohio 23
Wrong sport but I couldn’t help myself.

11 Likes

Nobody can, but I enjoyed the egg in Lebron’s face, after getting the Ohio players new cleats for the game, and tweeting about how good number 18 from Ohio looked when he scored.

3 Likes

Ahhhhh!! It’s great to be a Michigan Wolverine.
Go Blue and beat Purdue!:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes