Game 5: Michigan vs. Providence Open Thread

This team is good and this team is really impressive. Fun to watch.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Man, Poole’s charge and travel are just brutal for a guy trying to get in a rhythm and get some confidence. Other than one bad over dribble, he’s been good abd bringing the effort

3 Likes

Teske has literally been the difference so far on offense. 17 points in a 17 point game

2 Likes

Our small ball is good, but so is our tall ball.

2 Likes

Teske shot that last one like he thought it was actually possible for his +8ft release to get blocked lol

1 Like

Matthews-Poole 47 yesterday
Matthews- Poole 4 today

… And we’re up 17

3 Likes

Poole needs to keep it simple on his ISO / PNR . Trying too many moves

2 Likes

This versatility is what JB has been recruiting towards. Love seeing it and it’s only gonna be better in the coming years.

2 Likes

Hasnt quite mastered the first quick step and burst. Actually did it with his first touch, but missed the left-handed layup

the most impressive thing about this group is that I haven’t seen a single defensive possession affected by the other end. Same focus each time.

7 Likes

I feel like we’re almost taking this defense for granted already. An unbelievable effort so far.

6 Likes

Almost feels simply unlucky whenever the other teams scores, because we did literally everything you could to make it difficult, every play

4 Likes

It’s amazing what fundamentals can produce. Hats off to Luke and JB. Defense leads to offense. Nowhere close to yesterday’s PPP and still up 17.

4 Likes

We’re on the verge of 5-0 with 2 big wins against Big East teams away from home. Imagine what happens once Poole starts playing well and the freshmen start to develop

4 Likes

Did the coaches teach the jab-step ISO stuff pre D Walt? He’s the first one I remember consistently doing that. And only as a senior.

Matthews is so athletic.

How can we not be ranked in the Top 10 this week?

4 Likes

I will never understand holding the ball at the top of the key for 20 seconds. Just run the damn motion.

4 Likes

Over the back?