Game 24: Michigan at Northwestern Recap

I don’t see this happening, especially with Davis playing well off the bench, but I wouldn’t mind see Johns play a little bit of the 5 in certain situations allowing us to play a small ball lineup. Not every matchup would be ideal for him defensively, but in spots as a way to get him 5 or 10 more minutes I think it could be effective. And while he might be matched up with some centers that are bigger than him I think he could hold his ground enough on that end and offensively having bigger and slower guys try and chase him around would be to our advantage there. Teske 20 mpg, Davis 10 to 15 and Johns the remainder of the time would be a solid rotation in my opinion. Obviously some matchups would warrant more teske/Davis and less Johns but I feel there’s plenty of times he could be used, especially against almost any backup center in the big ten.

2 Likes

Working on a post about Teske… Should have some good stuff in there as far as the numbers behind what is going on.

1 Like

It’s just frustrating to see him struggle with his back to the basket. Someone posted last night how they noticed he’s not squaring up his shoulder but is twisting his upper body. Hopefully this is something that the coaching staff can see in film and get him fixed. With a humbled X, health Livers, more confident Brooks and the improvements of Wagner, Johns, DDj and Davis they could do some real damage and be in alot of these harder games down the stretch. But high on the list is “fix” Teske

Teske just doesn’t have great manual dexterity. Contrast it with what you see from Davis around the rim. Davis has great touch and control with both hands. Pretty impressive.

4 Likes

Yes, but he’s become a liability on offense. If he’s on the floor, they have to stop running the offense through him. I agree he’s capable of providing offense based on historical production, but recent data disagrees.

1 Like