Game 22: Michigan at Iowa Open Thread

Ugly. But I have a weird feeling we rally and steal this one at the buzzer.

1 Like

Come out swinging guys

Wolverines shot 33% on twos and 31% on threes against the worst defense in the Big Ten. Thatā€™s not gonna get it done on the road.

3 Likes

Our only hope is a pissed off John Teske.

1 Like

So far, this is the game we have all been worrying about. Where we need a deep bench and we havenā€™t developed it.

1 Like

Play smarter. Get at the basket. We got Iowa to foul 6 times before the second media timeout. They fouled twice the rest of the half because we decided that the mid range jumper is a great shot

I donā€™t think heā€™s asked to do much of anything right now. Simpson, Poole and Iggy carry way heavier burdens offensively. The skills arenā€™t there

Theyā€™re working on two more days rest than we are, at home in front of a happy crowd. Work cut out.

Iā€™m surprised at that half but not THAT surprised. I knew this five game stretch was going to be their toughest. Throw out the numbers, Wisconsin, Indiana and Iowa are horror shows for Michigan. Lucky Indiana is struggling right now.

Getting killed on the boards is not helping either.

Dylan said this would be strength against strength and so far, the Iowa offense looks superior. Also, I thought The Hawkeyes couldnā€™t play defense.

Most teams have an idea of how to attack a zone defense. Also the foul trouble is putting guys in who absolutely destroy the flow of the offense.

1 Like

If you canā€™t hit open jump shotsā€¦ it is hard to score. Bad defenses give up open jump shots, if you miss themā€¦ thatā€™s bad offense.

3 Likes

Man, Iā€™m really glad Iā€™m not able to watch this game based on the box score thus far. Good grief.

Seems like weā€™re hitting a normal amount of the open shots that weā€™re getting, weā€™re just not getting very many.

Whatā€™s the story on D? Looks like Michigan is getting shredded based on the numbers.

Very curious to see if Michigan can put together a run in the second half and how Iowa responds. Hawkeyes arenā€™t really known for their spine and Michigan hasnā€™t faced many (any?) situations like this.

1 Like

Teske played 1:25.

2 Likes

Yeah as much as that sucked, I donā€™t think thereā€™s a huge reason to panic. This team is completely different without Teske and we knew that going in. Not gonna win many conference games with him not involved at all

The debate about autobenching Teske will rage on, but Iā€™m baffled why Livers was autobenched. Heā€™s your sixth man, thereā€™s no point. Let him get his third foul.

1 Like