Game 13: UMass Lowell at Michigan Open Thread

I was watching Ant Wright’s stream. He was wondering what’s up with the orange background for Michigan on the score bar. “Is Syracuse playing?”

1 Like

I only saw Gary Grant and Rumeal Robinson on TV. Of course, I did see nearly every game that was televised.

Not a fan of the lackadaisical passing and UMass getting what they want at the rim

1 Like

Tim Miles: Michigan was a bad call away from a national championship in 2013.

15 Likes

I have always liked Tim Miles. Wish it would have worked out at Nebraska.

11 Likes

Same. Hope he gets another gig, following the Crean model.

3 Likes

Did the announcers win a raffle to call this game?

3 Likes

No Bajema surprises me

6 Likes

But they didn’t televise that many back then!:thinking: :grinning:My son and I once went to the gym to shoot hoops on a night UM/MSU was NOT televised. We were the only ones in the gym with the radio blaring the game on the loudspeakers! We are SO fortunate that virtually all the games are televised now!

6 Likes

This convo is reminding me that I once played a pickup game with Gary Grant at the old rec center up on the hill. I just remember him gliding up and down the court like he had wheels, and effortlessly dropping long shots, me chugging to stay with the run of play. . .

5 Likes

Spikes at the game

I once played pinball with Phil Hubbard and Joel Thompson, and at 5’4”, at least I was competitive. :grinning:

5 Likes

OK, you win! I’ll NEVER top that! :grinning: So cool! Love it!

1 Like

Wow, Maize! Phil Hubbard! Phenomenal player!
Edit:. Oh, I didn’t read this right, PINBALL? Still, it’s freakin’ PHIL HUBBARD!

2 Likes

I think Maize has me topped. Was that at Pinball Alley?

South Quad pinball room - I later worked at one of the local pinball joints, Campus Pinball (became Flipper McGee’s)

1 Like

X gunning for his double double.

That miss by Nunez was hideous, an absolute brick

1 Like

Nunez just looked like a layup dummy on that play. And he actually was in front of the guy on his way down the court and into the paint.

Edit: to be clear, he bricked an open 3 then gave up a layup on the other end.

2 Likes