Game 13: Maryland at Michigan Open Thread

Glenn’s skillset is legit intriguing

3 Likes

Maryland’s worst Big Ten loss ever. That’s got to be worth something to the selection committee.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I’m just going to say it. I like Glenn. He should have let the guy help him up but beyond that he’s got an interesting skill set to develop.

3 Likes

Beat me to it. Absolutely.

Had to be the least stressed Michigan bb game I’ve watched.
Without watching, listening, or seeing the box score: if someone told you that Kobe and Jett combined for 11 points and the difference in the final score was 35, you would have to believe we lost be 35.

7 Likes

I feel way better at the end of this game than last night. We limited our mistakes and never let them hit the big plays or get any real run going.

3 Likes

I like khayatt too. His on ball defense could be useful.

Barnes has potential on the offensive side. I’ve seen enough of the young bench guys to like most of them, just not all together at once with just jett

If you sub more and keep them blended in with 2-3 of the big three , you will see more productivity.

4 Likes

Why do you think I am mad, I was just observing the clumsy way he caught that pass earlier and then unable to finish, he really needs to develop.

1 Like

Jace didn’t play in the second half at all, I don’t. believe. I didn’t rewind the whole thing but with three or four minutes to go he was sitting on the bench with his shooting shirt (that’s what we called them) still on. He did play a little in the first half. Not really anything to see here.

Maybe he was under the weather. Maybe he didn’t make his bed, or stayed out after curfew, or was rude to his mom. Maybe nothing at all. Maybe Juwan had other guys he wanted to play and he knew his son would understand. Jace is a great kid. He works hard, can play some D, smart, but he’s probably the ninth man on the team.

I DO like that Juwan is giving Tes Cheddar (:wink:) more run. I’m also, like some others have alluded to, intrigued by Gregg Glenn.

4 Likes

Only one man can stop him…

1 Like

Wife and I sat behind the bench today and Jace was vocal and coaching guys on the bench all game. He was hyped up and trying to coax the best effort out of the team. Given the embarrassing effort against CMU, it was important for someone to take that role.

1 Like

Obviously great game

But Hunter’s trend against Maryland makes some of his other games less explicable and more frustrating

3 Likes

Got back the 17 KenPom spots we dropped on Thursday.

1 Like

Just noticed we had 13 turnovers and only 3/11 from three. Not everything was clicking. Jett was 0/7 and I never heard the word “slump?” during the entire broadcast. Hopefully it won’t carry over to a 3rd game.

3 Likes

Got it! Thanks, and I’m jealous! We sat behind the team once when Michigan’s old golf coach, Jim Carras, hooked us up. You’ve probably heard my story of the seats the dad of one of my former players used to let us use whenever my son and I could get away and make the trip to AA back in the late eighties. 12th row, lower bowl, center court, literally on the timeline, four seats, so we could take two friends with us or just have extra room to stretch out! It’s strictly upper bowl for me now! :wink::slightly_smiling_face:

Jace is the ultimate team player. He’ll do whatever it takes for the team to win. Truly an outstanding young man. :blue_heart:

3 Likes

That is so great and I’m jealous! I wish I could make the drive up from Indianapolis way more often. I love being in Crisler. I’m holding out hope that I’ll have season tickets one year.

2 Likes

Good to have you back Ernie

5 Likes

I love Crisler! Great place to watch a game. Wonderful memories with my son, and a couple of other really special experiences, too.

I struggle to make the drive over from Grand Rapids now, for a couple of reasons, but every time I do, I have a great time!

The drive from Indy would be a bit much. You’d really almost have to spend the night there, it seems. My wife and I used to do that once a year, but it’s just hard to get away now, caring for our granddaughter as we do.

I WILL be there on the 22nd with two of my former players, though. :blue_heart:

4 Likes

Maryland dropped 11 in kenpom and 30(!) on Torvik with a gamescore rating of 1.