Game 10: South Carolina at Michigan Open Thread

Protect the ball better and we should be fine in the second half. I’m really impressed by their Silva kid. He’s looked really good.

Over-under on UM turnovers in the 2nd half? I’d put it at 2.

I’d set it at 3.5 or 4.5.

When M has over 5 tos in the first half they only have 1 or 2 the second.

1 Like

There are plenty of reasons to clamor for not playing Davis, but not catching a scoop pass cleanly when surrounded by 3 defenders underneath the backboard is not one of them.
That was on Iggy, plain and simple, and only a small percentage of Bigs would catch it, let alone not immediately be stuck in a terrible position.

2 Likes

Yeah, that wasn’t a good pass by Iggy. Especially considering who he was passing it to. Either go up with it or kick the ball to a shooter. Iggy still growing in that area, although he did have at least one nice drive and kick in the first half.

1 Like

Not really concerned about losing. We’re playing awful and still winning. This South Carolina team is really bad. This game is about quality of play and improving, IMO.

One good thing 11 of 14 FTS for 78.6%

2 Likes

Frank Martin is normally the kind of coach I hate, and yet I really like him for some reason. Maybe if I saw him more often …

South Carolina has definitely succeeded in speeding up the game. 38 possession first half… fastest game Michigan has played this year is 70 possessions.

1 Like

Probably the last time we played a good defensive team.

Maybe we shoukd stop with the alley-oop today. It hasn’t worked once and has been a turmover most of the time.

Good start

Charles may not be blowing up the stats today but he is quietly having a big impact!

Matthews with a huge rebound to earn an extra possession and then knocks down the 3. Exactly how it’s supposed to work!

They’re going after Iggy on D and it’s working

Zavier Simpson is picking apart USC’s ball screen D.

Big boy block

Frank Martin can coach a bit. South Carolina has been excellent on BLOBs and after timeout sets.

2 Likes