Former Michigan Players in the NCAA

4 Likes

More on David DeJulius:

5 Likes

Heā€™s always seemed like a good guy. As a guy with limited pro prospects, him donating his NIL money is a real cost to him - good for him.

6 Likes

I thought I would take time to update this as right now I am just sitting in my sonā€™s hospital room as he recovers from back surgery. Long story, but hug your kids and tell your athletic teenagers not to push it in the weight room. Been a horribly terrifying week for us as a family and a long recovery but things are headed in the right direction.

Anywayā€¦

• Johns (VCU) - In 9 games heā€™s averaging 12 points and 6 boards while shooting 54/25/81. Seems like a solid if unspectacular performance so far.
  • Zeb (VCU) - Averaging 6ppg in 19mpg on 54/17/83ā€¦but role is diminishing. Hasnā€™t started in a while and minutes keep dropping. Didnā€™t play double digit minutes in the last two games.
  • Frankie (ASU) - Forums favorite topic is obviously starting and playing a lot. He starts and plays 30mpg while shooting 45/31/74 and averaging 12/5/4. He is averaging almost four TOs per game. One strange stat is that he has scored exactly 11 points in each game since playing Michigan.
  • Bajema (UW) - In a positive development for him heā€™s now starting and averaging 31mpg this year. His 52/38/92 shooting percentages are finally where his Beilein pedigree suggested they would be. His 10 points and 5 boards arenā€™t anything to throw a parade for, but a solid growth for him.
  • Castleton (UF) - After a hot start heā€™s settled into basically the same role as last year - solid starter at about 16/8 but nothing amazing. His outside shot never materialized and he has cooled off lately while remaining a solid fifth year senior.
  • DDJ (Cincy) - His shooting numbers look good, especially by his standards at 54/40/71 and a career high 16ppg. Weird season in that Cincy is 6-3 and you can see DDJs importance because he failed to crack double digits in their three losses but has 18+ in five of their wins.
  • Wilson (KU) - When we lament not having Frankie on this team in our dark moments, what we should be talking about is the one that got away in the coaching transition because Wilson would look fantastic at PF for us. Heā€™s at 22/9/3 this year while playing 34mpg and taking almost 18 shots per game. As a 36-37% outside shooter and strong rebounder it makes you wonder what it would be like to have him next to Hunter in our front court.
20 Likes

Thanks for the update. Wishing the best for your son and your family.

11 Likes
1 Like

We donā€™t talk about him much, but the alternate universe where Jalen Wilson stays with Michigan. Heā€™s currently leading the B12 in scoring.

2019-20 - He probably doesnā€™t play a ton, but likely gets all of the Nunez minutes and some of the Johns minutes.

2020-21 - Maybe we donā€™t get Chaundee and Wilson fills that role? Or maybe he just takes TWill/Johns roles?

2021-22 - He starts over either Houstan or Diabate while the other becomes the sixth man.

2022-23 - Heā€™s our starting 4 and we have no Shannon drama.

3 Likes

Maybe he doesnā€™t break his leg and heā€™s already in the nba!

7 Likes

Feel like you can play this what if with basically any recruit who went elsewhere.

2 Likes

In the alternate alternate universe where Jalen Wilson stays with Michigan (and so does John Beilein for at least another year or two) we likely get:

Simpson
Bones Hyland
Franz
Wilson
Livers
Teske

all on a roster together and the Bones/Franz/Wilson core as sophomores for a year with senior Livers before they all go pro.

Just donā€™t think of it too long or you wonā€™t sleep for a week.

1 Like

Donā€™t forget that the season is canceled for Covid.

Also, IIRC the Bones thing was a no go before Beilein left.

Also poor Jalen doesnā€™t have a ring in this scenario.

Thereā€™s no Covid in this alternate universe. Also @BigBoutros is supreme ruler and Jaxon Kohler doesnā€™t exist

6 Likes

Jaxon Kohler has been freed to fabricate plumbing fixtures

8 Likes

Did you see the team that @buckets12 posted? Yes, he does :trophy:

6 Likes

I hereby sentence Mike White to life in prison

5 Likes

Dylan raining on my parade again. Jalen Wilson was committed to Michigan, it wasnā€™t like a Josh Christopher situation. Sure, we could talk about lots of guys, but Wilson was likely coming before Beilein left and since then we have had struggles at PF after Livers left.

2 Likes

welcome to the party pal

3 Likes

lol which one of us annoys Dylan the most

I feel like Iā€™m quietly on a strong streak

AC1997 with a bullet. It is one of my favorite memes on this site.

AC writes 5 or 6 paragraphs of a seemingly well thought out point or idea and Dylan is quote replying within minutes with a load of data proving otherwise.

3 Likes

Collins
DeJulius
Bajema
Wilson
Castleton

Johns
Jackson

vs.

McDaniel
Bufkin
Howard
Williams
Dickinson

Reed
Baker

Which is the better team? Who is the better player at each position? Some are obvious, of course, but others are debatable. Iā€™m including the former commit to make it more interesting.

1 Like