Football OT: Al Borges Gone, Doug Nussmeier in

I usually try to refrain from posting football related content, but I could not resist the urge to share my happiness with the Michigan sports community.

Borges was incompetent at his job and all M football fans should rejoice.

There is a God…that is all

Agreed it’s OT, agreed it was needed. I want a football offense I can stand to watch.

As much as I complain about our lack of defense/rebounding from a basketball standpoint, Michigan’s football offense was at a level that was almost unfathomable, and that is not an exaggeration. I have never seen an offensive unit that dysfunctional, that predictable, that helpless, in Michigan football history.

This is umhoops not mgoblog, this is a basketball site not football

This is umhoops not mgoblog, this is a basketball site not football

What’s your deal? There is a thread topic option for off topic because apparently administration thought it was worthwhile. It is Michigan related, why the backlash.

Don’t ruin the joy of us Michigan football fans, it’s not everyday you can steal an OC from THE program in college football.

Don't ruin the joy of us Michigan football fans, it's not everyday you can steal an OC from THE program in college football.

Word is it’s not so much “Stealing” as Saban wanted Lane Kiffin and he told Nussmeier to find a good place to land. Opportunistic hire, but big for Michigan.

Matt, apparently we can’t post about football. We are building a nice little community here, apparently can’t take advantage of “Off Topic” discussion.

Some people, eh?

People will post and people will post. That’s why there are mods. Opinions are words and words are wind (if you’re a GRRM fan).

To be fair, this a Hoops site, but I think loving one aspect of Michigan sports and spurning another is in bad taste. Just my opinion. Everyone has their own.

Don't ruin the joy of us Michigan football fans, it's not everyday you can steal an OC from THE program in college football.

Word is it’s not so much “Stealing” as Saban wanted Lane Kiffin and he told Nussmeier to find a good place to land. Opportunistic hire, but big for Michigan.

I read the same, but even if we’re simply a landing spot for Alabama’s trash, I’d rather have Alabama’s trash as opposed to any other program. No matter the circumstances, I think we all agree that it is a significant upgrade. I expect us, to, you know, actually be able to pick up 3-4 yards on the ground.

Matt, apparently we can't post about football. We are building a nice little community here, apparently can't take advantage of "Off Topic" discussion.

Some people, eh?

Absolutely ridiculous that someone would take issue with you creating a football centric thread, that is Michigan related nonetheless. Huge day for the program, I appreciate you passing along the info.

Michigan just hired Doug Nussmeier, former offensive coordinator at Alabama.

HUGE hire. Wow.

People will post and people will post. That's why there are mods. Opinions are words and words are wind (if you're a GRRM fan).

To be fair, this a Hoops site, but I think loving one aspect of Michigan sports and spurning another is in bad taste. Just my opinion. Everyone has their own.

I routinely post big “OT:” basketball news on the Michigan football forum I use, because the guys over there aren’t up to date on Michigan basketball. They appreciate things like “OT: Zak Irvin picks up 5th star.” and “OT: Chatman to Michigan.” . Likewise, I see no problem with “OT:” here regarding one of this biggest assistant coach signings in college football.

I ask you this… There are 4 sub-sections:
Michigan Basketball
Recruiting
College Basketball
Off-Topic

…What in the world should be posted in off-topic, if block-buster UM Football news can’t?