Five takeaways from Michigan's loss to Penn State

2 Likes

Wow that video by Eric Shapiro is very telling and clearly shows that UM has problems on defense. I can understand Wagner losing his man or not switching properly, but when Simpson doesn’t go out on a shooter is terrible for a senior. In reality his defense has went down this year.

1 Like

I don’t know if this is the case with Simpson’s defense, but it’s common in sports to make more mistakes and blow your own assignments when you are focused on helping/correcting your teammates.

Also, wasn’t Teske stripped at the top of the key when he was trying to direct traffic, or am I misremembering that?

I read a lot of negative comments from fans complaining about the recent results, the players and the coach. I think we need to take a deep breath here. I think they are doing the best they can in the face of clear roster limitations (especially without Livers) and an almost historically challenging Big Ten. Bailing on a team that has given us so much in the last few years is not a great look. I think Juwan is doing an excellent job. It might be frustrating but I will be watching every game for the rest of the year with enjoyment and hope for improvement.

8 Likes

yep. You can see him trying to direct traffic in the first clip in this post.

1 Like