Five takeaways from Michigan's 69-46 win at Indiana

1 Like

We are 19-1 with a sputtering offense. The rest of the conference better hope Michigan doesn’t find their groove. Scary!

Excellent On/Off Split chart!!! Really telling!

A lot of talk from Beilein about guys not sprinting on fast breaks and seems very upset with our transition offense. I feel like I haven’ t seen many, if any, Jordan Poole transition threes. What’s his transition three numbers? I recall one or two times against Indiana I thought Simpson had Poole open on the wing and left it to Matthews cutting instead.

Who predicted that Eli Brooks is a member of Michigan’s best defensive unit? I wonder how much of that is fatigue from the starters vs. Eli usually coming in fresh. Or is Brooks just a better defender than Poole?

“Mt. Poole”

2 Likes

Brooks comes out looking very well in those numbers. Team defense is best when he’s on the floor, presumably when he replaces Poole, and team defense doesn’t take a hit when Z exits the game.

Poole’s #'s were the most surprising to me in a negative way.

I’ll admit to being a bit of a Brooks fan. I’m rooting for the kid, so I watch his game with a lot more focus when he’s on the floor. The defensive numbers don’t surprise me that much. Anecdotally, there are times he gives up buckets in isolation, but I swear up and down they’re tough ones. There’s a reason he’s getting so much run this year, and it’s not just because of DDJ’s struggles. Kid is a smart player. Hope he can open it up on offense before the year’s out.

4 Likes

And not just the conference…