Five Key Plays: Michigan 69, Rutgers 63

3 Likes

The pass from Franz to Johns on the first triple is just plain nasty.

7 Likes

Yep. Was gonna say my two favorite plays were that pass and Johns drive and dish

9 Likes

I loved both of those as well, but the play that led to the most noise emanating from my “man cave” was when X, literally going out of bounds, found a streaking Brandon Johns flying up the lane who put it down with an explosive two handed flush! That certainly brought this old guy out of his seat! In fact my silver hair almost hit the ceiling!

4 Likes

That Johns drive and dish was probably both his best take and his best pass of the season.

7 Likes

Was shocked at how on target that pass was.

Loved the play where Teske hit the cutting Brooks flying down the baseline, who, in midair ,swings it Johns for three

10 Likes

It has been a while since we took a defensive charge down low (Brooks) and since the ball changed so many hands before Jone’s three. Good sign for the defense and offense. This team will be scary in the tournaments with Livers in the lineup.

2 Likes

It was good to see Simpson and the center get the ball screen going, let’s hope they can keep it up against the better coaches at MSU and UW who will force Simpson to score not dish.

1 Like

My favorite is in the fourth video when the announcer talks about how “locked in” Young is on defense vs Zavier and as soon as the announcer says it Zavier just blows by him for a lay up. Quality content right there.

5 Likes

Franz and Johns will pump you up!

4 Likes

It just struck me how aware Eli is on these plays - he’s running the baseline hard when Franz is passing to Teske - literally one play ahead!

Loved the Rutgers bench reactions in all of the first half plays.

His off ball movement, really on either end of the floor, is miles ahead of anyone else on the team, IMO.

8 Likes

When M moves the ball with crisp quick passes they certainly are at their best. Hopefully we’ve seen the last of the turnover causing lazy passes for the duration of the season.

2 Likes

Make that two old guys myself included. :laughing:

1 Like

Dylan if you have a sec, how would you compare Eli and MAAR at this stage in their careers (2.5 years in)… Eli’s junior year counting stats are actually better which surprised me

Great comparison Spike.

1 Like