European Soccer

So I stayed up until 1 AM to watch us get Dos a Cero’d. Largely poor effort and I am hoping the only reason to ever discuss it is to see who is called back for the Nations League next window. It was 90 minutes of bullying our B team last night and even though it was in Mexico where we have only two draws all time, and that Mexico has been poor as of late, was a bit concerning seeing how overmatched we were B team vs. B team.

1 Like

Read a bit and listened to Scuffed and seems like we just played really timid despite everybody on the field auditioning for playing time with Poch? Really strange effort, no?

I don’t know of timid is the right word, just got overran. We couldn’t possess the ball at all and there was 0 connection between the lines.

My main takeaway was there’s a huge wide gulf of a gap between the A team and the B/C team and if Poch didn’t know it before this week, he certainly does now.

Call up list will tell a lot if this was just a nothing type window in a “Let’s see what we have here” type of way or if a lot of bubble players failed their audition.

1 Like

I mean a decent number of A guys played unless we are saying Antonee Robinson, Musah, Ream, Scally, and Aaronsen (who were all on the WC squad and Miles Robinson would have been without an injury) are B/C teamers, Sargent is closer to a washed A teamer than an up and comer.

I think the main thing is that our talent peaks at “makes the knockout round 65% of the time”

1 Like

Josh Sargent being washed at 24 years old is crazy

1 Like

I’d say our starting lineup only had 3.5 normal starters when fully healthy

Robinson
Musah (0.5)
Ream
Turner

Well he was first team and fell off it and plays a level below most of these guys