European Soccer

Not sure which subs I actually like but yeah we look like we’ve lost our edge bc heavy legs. So many passes to space and nobody is arriving in time.

EDIT: yep.

It’s tough because we have very very few subs who aren’t a massive drop off over the starter. Could throw in Johnny or LDLT in midfield and not feel horrible about it I guess.

WHAT IS GOING ON. He was not on……

What an absolute joke of a tournament

1 Like

Yeah. There’s really no one obvious. Had to score early.

1 Like

Panama goal. :skull_and_crossbones:

Weston has no legs at all

1 Like

https://x.com/offsidemodeling/status/1807968224383733761?s=46&t=xsoD7F1QL4iGG_8kXTdpkw

:joy:

USMNT lost a lot when Balogun came off. He does so much more than the other strikers. He makes the attack so much more fluid.

There were some negative vibes or attempted vibes, but he’s clearly the guy.

6 Likes

Need Stu Holden to stop talking asap

Being visibly overweight will do that

1 Like

Gregg Out.

1 Like

Obviously you have no choice but to fire Gregg. Can’t go into the WC cycle on a downer trading water and struggling to score. I still don’t think a national team coach makes much of a difference, but a reset is needed.

That being said, I do feel for him a bit. Feels a little like pre COVID Harbaugh. The stats, progress, logic, and dumb luck points to a team that is better than this result. Much like random special teams plays, QB injuries, or ref calls for Jim…Gregg has dealt with injuries, depth issues, horrible officiating, the red card, and some dumb luck. Pretty easy to see the world where they went 1-2-0 in Copa instead of 1-0-2. Not good…but enough to advance.

6 Likes

If Italy doesn’t move on him, I wonder if Allegri would be attainable.

I think spending what felt like at least six months will they or won’t they-ing Gregg probably did nobody any favors

(It was 7.5 months)

1 Like

Good news is that any potential Gregg replacement will have a clean runway to the World Cup! No Copa America disappointment to blame on them!

We also looked awesome in the Nations League before Gregg was re-hired! So that was fun.

Do we really trust the US Soccer federation to make the right hire? I don’t

Is there a reason to think they could attract a coach that people would be satisfied with?

No, but you don’t not fire someone because of that. And fans are wildly unrealistic with who they think is available to hire for the USMNT.

But we literally just had this same conversation in February also.

They are two separate decisions.

No, the dozens of Twitter accounts that just say why don’t we get a real manager for the last 3 years or whatever will definitely be disappointed.

USSF wants to pay the USMNT around the same as the USWNT manager.

The hire isn’t going to be some splashy big name IMO.

That also doesn’t mean you don’t need to start fresh and create a new vibe around the team heading into 2026.