European Soccer

Serie A > Bundesliga

Club ELO loves them some Serie A rn

I mean the official ranking s disagree because they don’t get the same number of spots in continental competitions but we’re getting far afield at this point

I think there are some decent steps being taken to fix that though. Some MLS teams are taking their academies more seriously. Cavan Sullivan about to sign for the Man City academy and he could be more hyped than Pulisic or Gio were coming up if he keeps progressing.

A strong showing in the next World Cup would do wonders for the talent pool of the next two decades.

2 Likes

Whatever the league, they’re all pretty top heavy, and once you get past the top 5 teams, the quality falls off. (A bit less so for the EPL.)

I said two out of three — I was thinking Capt American and Weah, who I think plays fairly play regularly for juventus? Although he plays wingback for juventus, so you could definitely quibble.

But I think we agree much more than we disagree on the talent level and the relative coaching performance.

Alright Haji, let’s see what you got as a starter.

That’s about as good a lineup as we have. With the Haji question, as you say.

Except for Haji

1 Like

Yes my bad. I edited myself immediately!

Ppl might disagree but I do think Greg has a kind of appropriately American unfashionable vibe. The us head coach should not, imo, dress like a Gucci model.

1 Like

That’s a helluva exhange that led to Pulisic’s shot. Gio can/could be a game changer.

1 Like

Good link up play in attack there. Thought Puli had that on the volley.

Dammit I can’t watch USMNT and the tourney at the same time and this Bama/GCU game is getting good. Hopefully nothing good happens until this game is over.

Are mexico’s jerseys supposed to be snakeskin? If so, very cool. I might get one for my kid who thinks she is Slytherin.

One of the only times I’ve ever preferred a US shirt compared to a Mexican one

3 Likes

Besides the collar, our homes are identical to the 20/21’s. Nike barely even trying with these.

Just bring back the Waldos for the World Cup please.

Omg that pass from Gio to Dest was a big miss. They had a 2 on 1 on that side.

Richards having a rough 25 minutes.

Wow. I was thinking Adam’s looked rusty but that will be one of the goals of his career.

1 Like