European Soccer

Man City’s eye for talent is second to none. Txiki Begiristan and Pep are probably the best 1-2 combo in the world imo. Txiki is wildly under appreciated imo. He was huge in creating those historic Barca teams. Not really surprised Jesus is on fire for Arsenal because he was good for City. These last few years it feels like City has way more hits than misses. Even the guys that leave them.

@umhoops United isn’t even in the same stratosphere and that pains me immensely. United isn’t in the top 5 in terms of talent top to bottom squad wise, so Ten Haag better be on his A game managing to squeeze out extra points to sneak into the champions league next year.

Right now, Arsenal, Tottenham and City seem like the 3 clear teams that should make the Champions league. Lot of season left though.

2 Likes

Brighton! The doves!

I think you have it reversed, Sterling is an awful finisher who makes up for it by being a technically brilliant player. I thought Jesus was a tap in merchant because well, he really didn’t have to do much else in man city’s system and never really got the chance to display those qualities.

I’d say the bulk of Sterling’s goals are from his positioning and timing in the box. He’s not a good finisher but he consistently gets in goal scoring positions and definitely led City in “tap ins” over the last however long.

I don’t think he was really asked to do that, he primarily played on the wing for the last two years. He showed a ton of other stuff but got criticism (usually from people who didn’t understand his role) for not scoring more goals.

yes, exactly, he’s a bad finisher but his positioning and dribbling ability is world class.

Did not know this as I’m not a city fan but every time I had seen him play was as the main man up top. I never saw him pull off the type of dribbling moves he’s made at Arsenal, had no idea that was in his arsenal.

Another game, another zed

Spurs grinded out a tough one today. City just keeps rolling. Arsenal vs Liverpool will be fun tomorrow

Gotta get a new manager in before things change. But I think this is just going to be an ugly season regardless. All about survival

announcers keep complimenting Inter but u just know there’s a KDB-Haaland connection coming out of nowhere and they will be up 2-0 in a flash

1 Like

City look horrendous.

1 Like

why the KDB sub?

People are saying KDB isn’t a big game player. Hard to refute at this point in time. Sad to see.

Hamstring. Second UCL final in three years he’s had to go off injured.

Trouble without Kev. Had enough chances, longer this draw goes on, feel like Inter is going to gain confidence.

If City can’t beat Inter without Kevin, they don’t deserve the title.

Need Gundo to turn into Maradona this half.

Ref has been doing a great job of letting em play. Nothing ticky tacky.

Dimarco embarrassing himself constantly, but yeah, been called all right. Getting chippy now.

1 Like

My word that was well done by Stones

Forza Inter!

2 Likes